True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8)

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Pre holiday update for anyone that's been following my adventures with this exhaust.

1. Put in 80mm butyl sound deadener in the trunk (minimal effect)
  2. Put in 80mm butyl sound deadener under the backseats AND put in 150mm foam sound absorber in the trunk (slight improvement to drone but not nearly enough)
  3. Installed vibrant 3" super quiet resonator (by far the greatest difference)
With the above steps all taken, the drone at 70-75mph is now back to almost stock levels, maybe 20% higher. It's now damn near perfect, still sounds great when I want it to, and quiet when cruising.
Sponsored

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Pre holiday update for anyone that's been following my adventures with this exhaust.

2. Put in 80mm butyl sound deadener under the backseats AND put in 150mm foam sound absorber in the trunk (slight improvement to drone but not nearly enough)
With the above steps all taken, the drone at 70-75mph is now back to almost stock levels, maybe 20% higher. It's now damn near perfect, still sounds great when I want it to, and quiet when cruising.
I am glad you enjoyed the vibrant ultra quiet, it is an amazingly effective little guy.

SpoolinFK8

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

you have any pictures of the vibrant install and location?

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
I am glad you enjoyed the vibrant ultra quiet, it is an amazingly effective little guy.
Thanks for pointing me in that direction. I was headed that way but needed another push.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
you have any pictures of the vibrant install and location?
It's between the center muffler and the trip tip exhaust. That's really the only spot long enough to fit a 14" resonator. I should have gotten some pics when it was up on the lift, maybe next time its on a lift.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
It's between the center muffler and the trip tip exhaust. That's really the only spot long enough to fit a 14" resonator. I should have gotten some pics when it was up on the lift, maybe next time its on a lift.
Is it reverseable later on? I've been thinking about getting one but am worries that if I ever want to sell my exhaust, no one will buy it with the resonator on.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Is it reverseable later on? I've been thinking about getting one but am worries that if I ever want to sell my exhaust, no one will buy it with the resonator on.
Kind of? I mean you can simply have the resonator cut out and weld in a pipe where it was before. That said, anyone who thinks they want this exhaust without the extra resonator is a masochist, deaf, or simply has no idea what they're in for. ?

SpoolinFK8

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
you can always reach out to AWE they can replace any part you need. I ordered a second rear section before the muffler to mod it and see if i can further lower/tune the drone out

Chumbaloo

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic type r grey
Country flag
I run it catless and love it I come from a basically straight pipe s2000 which was actually way loud

SpoolinFK8

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guy’s it’s sad to say but i decided to go a different route with the exhaust. I pulled the trigger and removed my AWE TE. If anyone in the NYC, NJ, CT area that would like to buy it and willing to drive to meet please let me know. We can negotiate a price. I also have an Invidia Q300 fo sale as well.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Hey guy’s it’s sad to say but i decided to go a different route with the exhaust. I pulled the trigger and removed my AWE TE. If anyone in the NYC, NJ, CT area that would like to buy it and willing to drive to meet please let me know. We can negotiate a price. I also have an Invidia Q300 fo sale as well.
What did you end up going with?

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Orders are back open and will be shipping this month.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vincent, do you guys have any plans for an alternate mid resonator or muffler for those that want a little less drone?
funny you would ask, I'm playing around with the idea but that is still pretty far out if we act on it.
Sponsored