True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8)

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I actually have a PRL catted downpipe. I am swapping from an AWE touring to 27won b/c of the loudness of the exhaust in the cabin. Hearing the 27won, I think it will be much better for cruising while still being able to talk to the wife in the passenger seat :D
What would you say are the main differences between AWE touring and 27won, I am stuck in between the 2. Is the AWE too loud, also what if I have stock dp, is AWE still that loud. I also like the fact that AWE is cheaper and has the black chrome tips, and an option to go without muffler if I want to. And from videos AWE touring and 27won sound very similar, not too raspy and aggressive.
Sponsored

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Country flag
What would you say are the main differences between AWE touring and 27won, I am stuck in between the 2. Is the AWE too loud, also what if I have stock dp, is AWE still that loud. I also like the fact that AWE is cheaper and has the black chrome tips, and an option to go without muffler if I want to. And from videos AWE touring and 27won sound very similar, not too raspy and aggressive.
For me, as I have a catted downpipe, the awe was just too loud on the highway. It sounds amazing in lower gears when driving around town etc. Whenever I was on the highway it hurt my brain lol. Couldn't have a conversation with the person in the passenger seat without yelling.

The 27Won is very much the same around town. Sounds mean and aggressive. When I'm on the highway, it is much more controlled and I don't have to shout to carry on a conversation.

Again, I've only driven both with an aftermarket downpipe so I can't speak for stock.

My opinion as a daily driver who has owned both:

In town:
Awe - 5/5
27won - 5/5

Highway:
Awe - 3/5
27won - 5/5

Price is definitely a factor and can't be ignored. Form and function they both operate very well. The welds on the 27won are absolutely top notch and it looks like a piece of art. The awe looks a little rough with the welds but it's built well too.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
For me, as I have a catted downpipe, the awe was just too loud on the highway. It sounds amazing in lower gears when driving around town etc. Whenever I was on the highway it hurt my brain lol. Couldn't have a conversation with the person in the passenger seat without yelling.

The 27Won is very much the same around town. Sounds mean and aggressive. When I'm on the highway, it is much more controlled and I don't have to shout to carry on a conversation.

Again, I've only driven both with an aftermarket downpipe so I can't speak for stock.

My opinion as a daily driver who has owned both:

In town:
Awe - 5/5
27won - 5/5

Highway:
Awe - 3/5
27won - 5/5

Price is definitely a factor and can't be ignored. Form and function they both operate very well. The welds on the 27won are absolutely top notch and it looks like a piece of art. The awe looks a little rough with the welds but it's built well too.
Can you post some videos of 27won and AWE, if you have any please? It would be really helpful. Of Highway and In Town too, lol.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Country flag
Can you post some videos of 27won and AWE, if you have any please? It would be really helpful. Of Highway and In Town too, lol.
Unfortunately I don't have any videos of the AWE when I had it installed. I will see what I can do about the 27won. I tried to take video before but it never sounds right with the equipment (or lack thereof) I have.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I got the boost tunes and intercooler installed.. AMAZING quality... I got a few pics up on a different thread I started.. I would of had the first clips of the exhaust sound etc with a stock downpipe as well.. But UPS lost.my.70lb package or someone stole it... Not sure yet lol... Glad to know what it sounds like now...
That really sucks. Hope they find the package. I know the postal service lost one of my packages a month back. Went from California, to Arizona, to Illinois, to Philadelphia before making it way back to Illinois to get to me. A package that should have taken 3-5 days to deliver ended up taking 3 weeks. It was considered completely lost at one point as well by the postal service (when I inquired about it). I guess the point I'm trying to make is that delivery services are probably very backup and stressed right now. Hopefully the package turns up though.

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Here’s my set up.
RV6P catted DP with 27 Won

thinking about going with the same DP. Did it make the exhaust a lot more loud? I think it's plenty enough sound already with stock DP. I'm in CA for context. So don't think i want it to be anymore loud or else i might get a ticket for it lol.

Chi_The_Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
thinking about going with the same DP. Did it make the exhaust a lot more loud? I think it's plenty enough sound already with stock DP. I'm in CA for context. So don't think i want it to be anymore loud or else i might get a ticket for it lol.
I installed everything at the same time.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A Suggestion would be start with the exhaust and then if you like it you are done, if you want more loud latter can always had a downpipe. Our system will work either way.

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
A Suggestion would be start with the exhaust and then if you like it you are done, if you want more loud latter can always had a downpipe. Our system will work either way.
Thanks for chiming in. I was thinking about adding a downpipe and tune for some gains. But, would not want to the car too loud since I like the current sound that's coming from the current set up (stock DP + 27won exhaust). I might have to just try it out and see.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for chiming in. I was thinking about adding a downpipe and tune for some gains. But, would not want to the car too loud since I like the current sound that's coming from the current set up (stock DP + 27won exhaust). I might have to just try it out and see.
Feel free and reach out if you have any other questions about it. I have this system in stock.

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Feel free and reach out if you have any other questions about it. I have this system in stock.
Actually, already purchased 1 of your exhaust and running it on my car. Good stuff. Will be looking to get an intercooler from you guys next once i have some funds saved up.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Hi Vincent,

Searching through this and was wondering if you guys had a vendor in Canada that has this system available? Trying to see if it's something I'd like with a catless DP.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi Vincent,

Searching through this and was wondering if you guys had a vendor in Canada that has this system available? Trying to see if it's something I'd like with a catless DP.
We do not yet have any vendors set up in Canada.
Sponsored