Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Are we looking at the preproduction 2016 Civic sedans making their way to dealers for dealer training, or are these the very first production models (which began rolling off the line this week)?

These 2016 sedans were being delivered to a dealer in Cleveland, OH.

Honda Civic 10th gen Trucks with 2016 Honda Civics arriving at dealers 2016-civic-lunarsilver-delivery1

Honda Civic 10th gen Trucks with 2016 Honda Civics arriving at dealers 2016-civic-lunarsilver-delivery2

Honda Civic 10th gen Trucks with 2016 Honda Civics arriving at dealers 2016-civic-lunarsilver-delivery3

Last edited:

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
I thought all cars being produced in Canada were not going to be exported outside of the country? Although why do they need so many of the same trim just for training?

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
Window stickers too! interesting.. I wish we had a close up of them.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Like seeing that! I bet they are the ones made in Canada. Probably being sent to the most popular dealerships first. Like the dealerships that sell the most Hondas per year. Just a guess.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
I thought all cars being produced in Canada were not going to be exported outside of the country? Although why do they need so many of the same trim just for training?
Civics built in Canada are both sold in the country and exported to other countries, including U.S.

JIM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura rdx
Like seeing that! I bet they are the ones made in Canada. Probably being sent to the most popular dealerships first. Like the dealerships that sell the most Hondas per year. Just a guess.
I work for a Honda dealership and they canceled our training this week and told us the Civic was going to be delayed for about a week or so. Our training was scheduled for this Tuesday morning 10-27-15 and subsequently canceled. Your guess is as good as mine.

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
Civics built in Canada are both sold in the country and exported to other countries, including U.S.
Ah thanks for the correction. I thought the Canada plant was only building for Canada but just watched the celebration video from the plant and you're right. They call it the flagship plant for the new global car.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
I went to my local honda dealer which is a pretty big one to see if they had one on the floor. They didn't but the sales guy showed me the posters they had in the staff area showing pictures of it and that their training had been canceled/delayed due to still large stock of 2015s.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
About 70% of the Civics produced in Canada are made for the USA.
Production has started and at one completed car rolling off the line every 63 seconds (takes about 13 hours start to finish) there will be plenty to load for deliveries. The 1.5 Turbo's will also be produced at the Aliston facility.

Last edited:

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I went to my local honda dealer which is a pretty big one to see if they had one on the floor. They didn't but the sales guy showed me the posters they had in the staff area showing pictures of it and that their training had been canceled/delayed due to still large stock of 2015s.
Sounds like many dealers are having their training delayed in order to keep moving the 2015 models. I don't blame them, once they put the 2016 models out it's gonna be hard to clear away 2015 models. The 2015 looks so boring compared.

tnmz6i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Accord Coupe
If the 2016 Accord is any indication, the '16 Civics that show up at dealers will get shuffled to the back of the lot and hidden away for several weeks so the 2015 stock can be sold down. I'll be checking my nearest dealer starting in a few weeks. Really anxious to check one out in person, play with all the new tech and take a test drive.

TrapSquadYeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Lancer GT (Totaled from Natural Disaster)
Just got a text message from my brother saying that he saw a truck full of the new Civics! I believe this is currently in Houston, TX since he's on his way home from there.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Are we looking at the preproduction 2016 Civic sedans making their way to dealers for dealer training, or are these the very first production models (which began rolling off the line this week)?

These 2016 sedans were being delivered to a dealer in Cleveland, OH.

2016-civic-lunarsilver-delivery1.jpg

2016-civic-lunarsilver-delivery2.jpg

2016-civic-lunarsilver-delivery3.jpg
Anyone in Cleveland that can go check out if these are preproduction or production cars?