iamjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Profile and wheels of this car is really attractive except for the side trunk cutline that goes upwards as it hits the windshield. Goes against all the horizontal lines of the side.
Sponsored

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
My dealer says the training is on Nov 4 and I am going at lunch to see the Civic.

UpperLeftUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
and yet the website isn't updated yet with build and price etc
I'm assuming they're holding that off until the actual launch day. If they delayed the 2016's another week, it must mean they're really trying to get rid of as much of their current stock as they can.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Anyone know if preproduction cars come with window stickers? That might tell us if these are production ones made this week or not.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like a NFL Bengals linebacker won a bet with the Honda CEO. If the Bengals are undefeated until Nov 1st he gets to be first in line to buy 3 2016 Civics for his kids. LOL

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Anyone know if preproduction cars come with window stickers? That might tell us if these are production ones made this week or not.
Window Stickers = production cars. That being said, I we will have told Civics until the official sales date. This was the case with the HRV and Pilot. We had both about a week before the actual sales date.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Thanks HondaGeek. Do you know when the official sales date is? I assume it's being held so all deliveries can be made and training done?

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
I emailed the girl I got my CRV from last year and this is what she said.

The dealership is in Concord Calif.

"We do have 2016 Civic in transit, however EX-T in Aegean blue is not a model we are expecting at the moment (only LX, and EX). I can contact you when we are expecting that specific combination, and at that time I could let you know if I can discount the car for you at all. Unfortunately I could not give you a specific time frame to if it will be this year, or next. I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions, and if you would like to keep an eye out for that specific car."

So it looks like I may be waiting a little longer than I hoped for my new wheels.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
I went to my local honda dealer which is a pretty big one to see if they had one on the floor. They didn't but the sales guy showed me the posters they had in the staff area showing pictures of it and that their training had been canceled/delayed due to still large stock of 2015s.
Will somebody, anybody, please take one for the team and buy a 2015 Civic?!

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Tegster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra (Tafetta White)
Will somebody, anybody, please take one for the team and buy a 2015 Civic?!
Not sure you'll find any takers from the Civic X devotees here :rofl:

I emailed the girl I got my CRV from last year and this is what she said.

The dealership is in Concord Calif.

"We do have 2016 Civic in transit, however EX-T in Aegean blue is not a model we are expecting at the moment (only LX, and EX). I can contact you when we are expecting that specific combination, and at that time I could let you know if I can discount the car for you at all. Unfortunately I could not give you a specific time frame to if it will be this year, or next. I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions, and if you would like to keep an eye out for that specific car."

So it looks like I may be waiting a little longer than I hoped for my new wheels.
Should be lots of Honda dealers in the Bay Area. Why not email a lot of them and see if anyone's expecting your combo? That's like the most efficient way of searching for a model and negotiating these days. :thumbsup:

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure you'll find any takers from the Civic X devotees here :rofl:

Should be lots of Honda dealers in the Bay Area. Why not email a lot of them and see if anyone's expecting your combo? That's like the most efficient way of searching for a model and negotiating these days. :thumbsup:

That is exactly what I intend to do, there is also a dealer right next to one of the branches I work in San Leandro, I have seen a couple of people there lately as well.

And you are correct there are a lot of Honda dealers around the area, I have used that method on my last 3 or 4 vehicle purchases. I go through a lot of cars.

I also gave my number to a salesman at the Sacramento auto show a couple weeks ago when I took pics of the Touring they had there, I have 2 branches in the Sacramento area as well, and the economy isn't quite as robust in the valley compared to the Bay area, I also travel to Stockton, the dealer there was actually $200 cheaper on the CR-V I got last year, but the very nice lady at the dealer in Concord did a great job and it saved me a couple hours of travel time, so I went with her on it.

Money isn't always everything, but it is always a factor to consider.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Money isn't always everything, but it is always a factor to consider.
For me it's always a big factor. That's why the internet and forums like these are awesome tools. They're the great equalizer in learning about the cars and negotiating a good price. I feel bad for buyers that walk into dealers without having done research online. I mean the invoice prices are posted right in the pricing section. That's invaluable stuff.
Sponsored