TRS OEM + Led Headlights

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
From what Iā€™ve seen on this forum, these are the best thing you can get without getting the actual OEM set.

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I got them on my sport touring because my original got busted by some idiot hitting a tire piece on the highway and it flew up and cracked mine.. Didn't want to pay 500+ for the OEM so went to a local shop to have a guy install these. They are just about the same, probably a bit brighter but maybe a bit more spotty (if that's a word to describe) but I will warn they needed a major adjustment out of the box, were aimed super low. I also think the sequential signal is dope.

Overall I'm not disappointed and while I think the TRS XBs looks sweet, their output apparently blows. I think most people would be happy considering the OEMs weren't super great though they were for me coming from some dim non LED headlights on my 05 highlander.

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got them on my sport touring because my original got busted by some idiot hitting a tire piece on the highway and it flew up and cracked mine.. Didn't want to pay 500+ for the OEM so went to a local shop to have a guy install these. They are just about the same, probably a bit brighter but maybe a bit more spotty (if that's a word to describe) but I will warn they needed a major adjustment out of the box, were aimed super low. I also think the sequential signal is dope.

Overall I'm not disappointed and while I think the TRS XBs looks sweet, their output apparently blows. I think most people would be happy considering the OEMs weren't super great though they were for me coming from some dim non LED headlights on my 05 highlander.
sorry to revive such an old thread lol but I had a quick question about these headlights. do they require any additional wiring like the Vland ones or are they a true plug and play into the existing connectors? also was it difficult adjusting the height of the beam?

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
sorry to revive such an old thread lol but I had a quick question about these headlights. do they require any additional wiring like the Vland ones or are they a true plug and play into the existing connectors? also was it difficult adjusting the height of the beam?
I am not sure. I went to a shop that installed them for me because I didn't want to have to deal with bumper removal etc. He did say he had to change the wiring harness I believe due to different connectors, the sport touring having LED vs the halogen projector models.

As for the adjusting it just requires a Philips head, a drill would be better as it takes a lot of cranking.

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am not sure. I went to a shop that installed them for me because I didn't want to have to deal with bumper removal etc. He did say he had to change the wiring harness I believe due to different connectors, the sport touring having LED vs the halogen projector models.

As for the adjusting it just requires a Philips head, a drill would be better as it takes a lot of cranking.
ah okay I have the OEM halogen headlights so I don't think I'd have to switch harnesses but I was curious as most new headlight sets require extra wiring to the battery. hopefully it's a true plug and play system.

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ah okay I have the OEM halogen headlights so I don't think I'd have to switch harnesses but I was curious as most new headlight sets require extra wiring to the battery. hopefully it's a true plug and play system.
As far as I know if you have halogens it's straight plug and play

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As far as I know if you have halogens it's straight plug and play
nice I'll give it a shot since i don't wanna go the drop-in LED bulb route and a retrofit just isn't in my plans right now lol. thank you bro!

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didnā€™t have the OEM+ ones but I used to have the DEPO LED headlights (the ones with the normal turn signals bc I hate sequential) and while they looked beautiful, the output was awful. Granted, the output in even the OEM LED headlights on the Civic are awful across the board for some reason. No sharp cutoff, distance was bad, etc.

But if youā€™ve only had halogens and never used HIDs or a good LED projector itā€™d probably seem better.
Sponsored