Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic si
Country flag
:( hello everyone this is my first thread wish it was for something possitive, but here i am asking for some advise or maybe a direction.

I have a 2020 civic si, with PRL Cobra Race Intake CA.

To start off this past tuesday afternoon i got caught in a flash flood which caused my car to shut off after driving through a couple inches of water. When the shut off happen, my car refused to turn over and locked up. There was a stutering in the elctronics momentarily. I was left in the middle of the road untill i could get towed.

Read up on a few forums which suggested i should change the spark plugs; oil and oil filer, upon inspection after removing the spark plugs i noticed there was water. The ends of the spark plugs look burnt. Which i then proceded to drain the oil and the oil filter, when i did that i noticed the oil was diluted and had a bit of water. After adding the new oil and putting on a new oil filter i put the new set of spark plugs in and lowered the car back down.

I tried to start the engine up again and nothing just a small squeak, it doesnt even sound like its turning over.

After that i plugged my v2 ktuner to the obd2 after seeing a engine light, oil and battery light come on, but no error codes are comming up.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder if the engine is hydro-locked. Did you turn over the engine with the spark plugs out to remove any water from the cylinders?

OP
OP
Simpcivic

Simpcivic

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic si
Country flag
I wonder if the engine is hydro-locked. Did you turn over the engine with the spark plugs out to remove any water from the cylinders?
I haven't tried but the car won't even start at all šŸ¤” would it start without the spark plugs??

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I might need more clarification of 'won't start'. Like, does everything light up when you hit the PLAY button, but the engine doesn't turn? Or are you not even getting dash lights?

OP
OP
Simpcivic

Simpcivic

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic si
Country flag
I might need more clarification of 'won't start'. Like, does everything light up when you hit the PLAY button, but the engine doesn't turn? Or are you not even getting dash lights?
Engine does not make any sound only a small squeak sounds, but I get all the lights on the dash and all the electronics.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds hydrolocked. Remove the fuel injector fuse from the under-hood fuse box, remove the spark plugs, then try cranking it for 10 seconds. If there is water in the cylinders, you'll see spouts shoot out of the spark plug holes. Bring towels!

OP
OP
Simpcivic

Simpcivic

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic si
Country flag
Sounds hydrolocked. Remove the fuel injector fuse from the under-hood fuse box, remove the spark plugs, then try cranking it for 10 seconds. If there is water in the cylinders, you'll see spouts shoot out of the spark plug holes. Bring towels!
Thanks I will try this and see how it goes šŸ«”šŸ˜Ž

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Damn that sucks. They have saying in Texas turn around dont drown but I guess same goes for us ones with CAI. I suppose it was unavoidable but if downpour happens to me I'll just pull over and wait.

How deep was the water?

OP
OP
Simpcivic

Simpcivic

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic si
Country flag
Damn that sucks. They have saying in Texas turn around dont drown but I guess same goes for us ones with CAI. I suppose it was unavoidable but if downpour happens to me I'll just pull over and wait.

How deep was the water?
Yeah I learned my lesson šŸ˜”. I might switch out the CAI for a the 27won intake.

The water was a couple inches. We got a flash flood and I was getting hit super hard by hail and back splash by other cars. Hit the lowest part of the hill that flooded and slowed down as much as I could but I guess that wasn't enough ā˜¹

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you kept on trying to start it after seeing water in there, that motor might be completely toast.

But you can always try what the folks above stated. Pull your spark plugs/coil packs, make sure your cylinders are clear of water, oil change a few times to make sure you got no water left in there. Make sure you check your FMIC and ensure its empty there too.

After all that, I would make sure to do a compression test and check your rods and seals. A lot of times if you are actively on throttle driving through water, the motor can suck in enough water to bend a rod or push water through to mess up your seals/crack, the walls, etc...

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So update. This morning I tried pulling the fuel injector fuse and that spark plugs and tried cranking the engine and the car is not turning over at all. šŸ˜”
Hmm. When you go to try to start the car, it should make a click like it wants to turn over. Does that happen?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, as a basis: one press on the GO button to turn the car on, and one more (with the clutch pedal depressed) to start.

Possible to give us a video aimed at the engine bay when cycling from all off to trying to start?

Possible that it's the starter, but I have a hard time believing that.
Sponsored