1.5T Trouble with 27WON Race maf scaling on Ktuner

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (MT)
Country flag
Just finished installing the 27WON CAI and it looks beautiful. Bought it with the race maf knowing full well I had to scale the maf sensor only one little problem came by for me. When I go into the maf scaling section in KTuner I don't get the option for a 27WON race maf. Watched their video on how to scale and theirs pops up no problem. Any suggestions?

This is my first bolt on/upgrade only thing I've been running is the 'Starter Dual Target 21 psi' tune that comes with KTuner. Would love to keep that tune running with the maf scale as I like to switch between eco and the 3 other tunes on the dash.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
thatonejosh

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Trouble with 27WON Race maf scaling on Ktuner Screenshot (50)

HEre's what I'm seeing. Not too sure if it would be a smart idea to go PRL Race, don't know if both are quite the same. Might just be overlooking something, I am a bit new to tuning.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your 27Won Maf sensor diameter is 80mm.
PRL Race Maf Housing: 74.79mm (Personal Measurement)

You'll want to be exact. The difference is 6.5% from what I can see. You could play with adding 6.5% to each cell but I can't recommend it.

Best to have custom tune OR someone could send you a pic of their tune with the 27Won Maf scaling already setup.

OP
OP
thatonejosh

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your 27Won Maf sensor diameter is 80mm.
PRL Race Maf Housing: 74.79mm (Personal Measurement)

You'll want to be exact. The difference is 6.5% from what I can see. You could play with adding 6.5% to each cell but I can't recommend it.

Best to have custom tune OR someone could send you a pic of their tune with the 27Won Maf scaling already setup.
Gotcha, just found it weird that some examples in videos show up with the drop bar with an option for the 27Won Race maf but mine doesn't. Might just be for si's? Either way I was thinking of going the Phearable 1.5R route and I'm pretty sure it would all work out through there.

If anyone has a short term suggestion or a way of bringing that drop bar down with that 27Won option I'd love to know how. Just wanted to try out the new part but if a specific tune is required to not mess up anything I'll get on that order from Phearable.

OP
OP
thatonejosh

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Here's the video I'm talking about showing the drop down menu.

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Here's the video I'm talking about showing the drop down menu.

I was looking at the video you posted. You are correct. I looked in my Ktuner and did not have the drop down menu like the video showed. I tried to look at the readings for the 27Won Maf calibration in the video but they weren't clear. Otherwise, you could select custom and copy the numbers from the video after he selected it.

Perhaps it hasn't been added for some Non-Si's. I have the most updated Ktuner update 1.0.11.7 as far as I can see.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't try copying the numbers. They seem different from the Non-Sis (I was cross comparing). Yeah....probably need custom tuning or get a 27won Maf numbers scale from someone with a Non-Si like you.

OP
OP
thatonejosh

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
At least I’m not the only one, currently running 1.0.10.9. I’ll shoot 27Won an email and update the thread. Find it a bit weird if that’s the case disabling on non si, especially since 27Won makes a non si variant. Of course I’m just speculating.

Although now that I think about it, maybE I should be emailing KTuner?

Last edited:
OP
OP
thatonejosh

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
After a bit of emailing back and forth, looks like I finally got a fix.

Emailed Vincent of 27WON and he confirmed that the setting won't show due to my trim: Sport HB. He told me to contact KTuner.

Contacted KTuner and they said the same: They only have a calibration for the frequency based MAF of the Si, none for the voltage based MAF of the non-Si. They told me then to contact Derek at Innovative Motorsports.

After explaining my situation, he sent over a text file with the approximate MAF scale for the 27Won Race MAF and told me to copy/paste into the g/s cells section of MAF scaling in KTuner. Gonna go try this out now hoping this all works out!

Really wish KTuner would offer the setting like it does for SI's, but I guess we NON SI peeps aren't cool enough... 😥

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After a bit of emailing back and forth, looks like I finally got a fix.

Emailed Vincent of 27WON and he confirmed that the setting won't show due to my trim: Sport HB. He told me to contact KTuner.

Contacted KTuner and they said the same: They only have a calibration for the frequency based MAF of the Si, none for the voltage based MAF of the non-Si. They told me then to contact Derek at Innovative Motorsports.

After explaining my situation, he sent over a text file with the approximate MAF scale for the 27Won Race MAF and told me to copy/paste into the g/s cells section of MAF scaling in KTuner. Gonna go try this out now hoping this all works out!

Really wish KTuner would offer the setting like it does for SI's, but I guess we NON SI peeps aren't cool enough... 😥

If Derek hooks you up, it should work out as he's familiar with so many maf scaling setups for specific maf sensors for specific models. A full tune would definitely have this straightened out in case it doesn't work.

OP
OP
thatonejosh

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Went on a test drive with the numbers Derek gave me in the g/s part of the maf scaling section in KTuner and so far everything's working as intended. Loving the new intake noise, not too loud but just enough to hear the turbo spool and whoosh when letting off the gas. A little bit of hoops to jump through so just an FYI for anyone thinking of going the RACE MAF route on their own NON SI vehicles.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went on a test drive with the numbers Derek gave me in the g/s part of the maf scaling section in KTuner and so far everything's working as intended. Loving the new intake noise, not too loud but just enough to hear the turbo spool and whoosh when letting off the gas. A little bit of hoops to jump through so just an FYI for anyone thinking of going the RACE MAF route on their own NON SI vehicles.

You may be that 'Go-To' guy now when someone asks the same question. Copy and Paste! :D

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Getting any of the Race MAFs for the non-Si on a stock turbo is a bit of a waste imo since you won't max it out until you upgrade your turbo.

Only reason I upgraded my street maf from 27won to the race maf was because I hit the voltage max on the street when I upgraded to the w1.

So part of the assumption is that if you do go get a race maf, you would also be upgrading the turbo and as a result would be looking to get it properly tuned vs just running a basemap.

OP
OP
thatonejosh

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Getting any of the Race MAFs for the non-Si on a stock turbo is a bit of a waste imo since you won't max it out until you upgrade your turbo.

Only reason I upgraded my street maf from 27won to the race maf was because I hit the voltage max on the street when I upgraded to the w1.

So part of the assumption is that if you do go get a race maf, you would also be upgrading the turbo and as a result would be looking to get it properly tuned vs just running a basemap.
Part of the reason I went Race maf to start is so later down the road I won’t have to pay extra to upgrade from street to race. I also plan on getting on the Phearable 1.5R tune and since they ask for a maf size I also didn’t want to have to order twice to change the maf sizing.

I know it may be a waste right now as I’m stock otherwise, but I don’t mind staying tuned and have the intention of upgrading my parts as soon as I save up for them. Looking at getting the W2 and the TIP together since the install is probably easier to just do them both. Although I might mess with the exhaust first, so might stay as a bit unnecessary for a bit before I get the benefits but that’s a bit of my reasoning. Loving the whoosh sounds nonetheless!

How are you liking your W1, any problems so far? Most likely installed it at a pro tuner shop?

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Part of the reason I went Race maf to start is so later down the road I won’t have to pay extra to upgrade from street to race. I also plan on getting on the Phearable 1.5R tune and since they ask for a maf size I also didn’t want to have to order twice to change the maf sizing.

I know it may be a waste right now as I’m stock otherwise, but I don’t mind staying tuned and have the intention of upgrading my parts as soon as I save up for them. Looking at getting the W2 and the TIP together since the install is probably easier to just do them both. Although I might mess with the exhaust first, so might stay as a bit unnecessary for a bit before I get the benefits but that’s a bit of my reasoning. Loving the whoosh sounds nonetheless!

How are you liking your W1, any problems so far? Most likely installed it at a pro tuner shop?
All my parts have been installed by me except for getting some help when I did my coilovers.

Turbo install actually isnt that difficult. Only tricky part is making sure the OEM DP bolts come off without snapping.

Had the W1 for 3yrs now with no issues.
Sponsored