Triple beep?

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
It seems like my car like to triple beep at me when I close the hatch sometimes. Anybody know what this means? The keys are in my pocket so it’s not like I’ve seen on some other cars where it beeps to let you know the keys are inside the car.

I think the usual scenario is I get out. Close the driver door. Open the hatch, then close the hatch. Then it triple beeps at me.
Sponsored

litcrayon

First Name
Kanav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch ST (CVT)
Country flag
It seems like my car like to triple beep at me when I close the hatch sometimes. Anybody know what this means? The keys are in my pocket so it’s not like I’ve seen on some other cars where it beeps to let you know the keys are inside the car.

I think the usual scenario is I get out. Close the driver door. Open the hatch, then close the hatch. Then it triple beeps at me.
It’s supposed to mean the car didn’t auto lock because the key is inside or a door is not closed properly, it’s been hit or miss tho sometimes I for sure close the door properly and it still does it then i have to either open and close the door again or lock it from the key, i would say happens at least once a week

OP
OP

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually now that I had a chance to drive the car some more it seems more like 8 really fast beeps. It just did it when I got out of the car and closed the driver door, then I walked to the back and opened and closed the hatch and it did it again when I closed the hatch. Keys are in my pocket. Seems to happen almost every time I stop driving and then open and close the doors or hatch.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
If you have walkaway auto lock enabled, then the rapid beeps mean the car didn't detect you walking away thus it will not auto lock. You will then have to use the fob or the door handle button to lock the car. If you hear a single beep that means the car detected you walking away and will auto lock when you walk far enough away from the car.

Try stand still when you close the door/hatch. Even that will not work 100% of the time. Mine works about 60% of the time.

Reactions: FC2

FC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
If you have walkaway auto lock enabled, then the rapid beeps mean the car didn't detect you walking away thus it will not auto lock. You will then have to use the fob or the door handle button to lock the car. If you hear a single beep that means the car detected you walking away and will auto lock when you walk far enough away from the car.

Try stand still when you close the door/hatch. Even that will not work 100% of the time. Mine works about 60% of the time.
Its honestly hit or miss with the auto lock system. Best bet is to use the key fob just to be sure.

OP
OP

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Weird. Seems kind of strange that it does it immediately when I close the doors or hatch. Like the instant the door is closed it beeps. So there’s no way I would have time to walk away. It’s really very similar to what I’ve seen in other brands when the key fob is left in the car. I also have the beeps turned off for regular functions but I guess this beeps regardless of the setting.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
The 'beeper' is on the drivers side just under the rear bumper. It seems it would be easy to just unplug it.
Sponsored