First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to buy a new CTR
Country flag
So I went to check out this CTR.

They list it online for 38,450 MSRP, I get there and they have a $5k Dealer markup plus a bunch of BS extras (paint protectant, wheel locks, radio screen protector...blah blah blah).

They give me a great offer on my trade (2019 Ram Limited) and I see all the "extras" and the price of the CTR went from that 38,450 to almost 50k.

I tell the sales manager that I do not pay dealer markup nor did I want any of their extras and the sales manager proceed to tell me that no Honda dealership will sell a CTR for MSRP. So, I got my truck key and left.

I now have a dealer in Little Rock, AR committed to selling me a CTR at MSRP once he can get one.

TLDR, went to get the attached CTR, dealer wouldn't sell for MSRP saying no Honda dealer would, within the hour I found one that will once they get one for me.

PS: My first post, hopefully I'll have a CTR soon. I have owned 2 different 400 whp Evos, 1 Challenger Scatpack 6spd and 1 Challenger Hellcat 6spd, it's time for me to get another fun car to drive.
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
They are not rare anymore besides the yellow one. Routinely have 2 or 3 type r at dealers in the east.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let your local dealer know that you found one outside your area for msrp and if they are willing to give in.

OP
OP

baburntt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to buy a new CTR
Country flag
Got any pics of your evos? Love the older gens.
I'll have to do some digging to find them.

1st one I had was a 03 Silver 8, the 2nd one was a 06 Black 9.

Miss both of them like crazy.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Just like when I was recently in the market for my si, some dealerships told me that I wouldn’t be able to find one without dealer markup... hell, even the one I ended up buying from had almost a 5k markup when I first talked to them. They ended up selling below msrp before TTL, and warranties.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Little Rock? Is it Bale Honda out of curiosity? My in laws used to live in Little Rock. I’m up in the Boston area. I bought my CTR at a local Honda place at MSRP November, 2019. All the dealerships were like that. It was just a matter what color you wanted and who had it. The dealership had 3 new and 1 used.
Hope you find the car you want!

OP
OP

baburntt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to buy a new CTR
Country flag
Little Rock? Is it Bale Honda out of curiosity? My in laws used to live in Little Rock. I’m up in the Boston area. I bought my CTR at a local Honda place at MSRP November, 2019. All the dealerships were like that. It was just a matter what color you wanted and who had it. The dealership had 3 new and 1 used.
Hope you find the car you want!
It is not Bale Honda, McLarty Honda.

OP
OP

baburntt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to buy a new CTR
Country flag
Got any pics of your evos? Love the older gens.
Here is what I could find of my previous cars (my 03 Evo 8 pics are locked in photobucket - not paying yet to access my pics there yet)

Honda Civic 10th gen Tried to buy a CTR today Screenshot_20201121-064736_Instagram

'15 Challenger Scatpack, 06 Evo 9

Honda Civic 10th gen Tried to buy a CTR today Screenshot_20201123-093646_Instagram

'16 Challenger Hellcat after my detailing (did it myself)

Honda Civic 10th gen Tried to buy a CTR today Screenshot_20201123-093704_Instagram

'16 Chevy SS - was a super fun car to own and drive

Honda Civic 10th gen Tried to buy a CTR today 20201121_135724

and finally my '21 CTR 40575

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Here is what I could find of my previous cars (my 03 Evo 8 pics are locked in photobucket - not paying yet to access my pics there yet)

Screenshot_20201121-064736_Instagram.jpg

'15 Challenger Scatpack, 06 Evo 9

Screenshot_20201123-093646_Instagram.jpg

'16 Challenger Hellcat after my detailing (did it myself)

Screenshot_20201123-093704_Instagram.jpg

'16 Chevy SS - was a super fun car to own and drive

20201121_135724.jpg

and finally my '21 CTR 40575

Congrats! I also have a CBP. PIA to keep clean and shows everything. Recently went to the dealer to get my rear H emblem replaced because it was delaminating. I go pick up the car and there are swirl marks all over my rear hatch area now because apparently the technician used a rag to wipe the area clean. I complained and they had a “detailer “take the car out back and bring it back to me to try to remedy it. I get home and take a closer look at it and this guy scuffed the paint off 3 areas with a high speed buffer. Now Honda is paying for me to go to a body shop to have the area fixed correctly. ??‍♂.

OP
OP

baburntt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to buy a new CTR
Country flag
Congrats! I also have a CBP. PIA to keep clean and shows everything. Recently went to the dealer to get my rear H emblem replaced because it was delaminating. I go pick up the car and there are swirl marks all over my rear hatch area now because apparently the technician used a rag to wipe the area clean. I complained and they had a “detailer “take the car out back and bring it back to me to try to remedy it. I get home and take a closer look at it and this guy scuffed the paint off 3 areas with a high speed buffer. Now Honda is paying for me to go to a body shop to have the area fixed correctly. ??‍♂.
Yea, as you can see I have experience with black cars.

I am trying to get an appointment for next week with my detailer to get the CTR paint corrected and ceramic coated.

Black car life isn't for the weak.
Sponsored