Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 S2000, 2013 Daytona 675R, 2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did you do your search? I'm about to start the same process
Combination of the Honda website, Autotrader, and Cars.com. I basically filtered down the cars to CW only, then started contacting every dealer in my area. When that didn't work, I widened my search to the rest of CA, then finally started contacting dealers out of state until I reached the first dealer willing to deal @ MSRP (Indiana).

You basically can't trust the price listed on the autotrader/cars.com/dealer website listing, because a lot of that stuff is automated. You have to get in contact with them directly - I chose email to initiate the conversation simply because it was the easiest
Sponsored

ChampwhiteFK8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
Combination of the Honda website, Autotrader, and Cars.com. I basically filtered down the cars to CW only, then started contacting every dealer in my area. When that didn't work, I widened my search to the rest of CA, then finally started contacting dealers out of state until I reached the first dealer willing to deal @ MSRP (Indiana).

You basically can't trust the price listed on the autotrader/cars.com/dealer website listing, because a lot of that stuff is automated. You have to get in contact with them directly - I chose email to initiate the conversation simply because it was the easiest
Thanks for sharing the info. I have a question, how did you initiate the process to see if they were willing to sell the car for MSRP? Did you just bluntly ask them if they are selling it for MSRP?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Haha, I'm actually a software engineer @ SpaceX; we get to take 3 months of (unpaid) leave if we've worked at the company for at least 5 years. Supplementing that with a month of vacation cause I need some moolah in the meantime to tide me over
Not too bad of a gig! Can't wait to see the BFR!

I applied to Tesla actually just a few weeks ago but didn't hear back of course. Probably because I'm east coast and moving would be crazy-

Enjoy the car!

OP
OP
wowwitsgau

wowwitsgau

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the info. I have a question, how did you initiate the process to see if they were willing to sell the car for MSRP? Did you just bluntly ask them if they are selling it for MSRP?
I just submitted the dealer contact form and when they emailed/called/texted back, I inquired what their asking price was. Then proceeded to make a snarky remark wishing them good luck selling the car with the ridiculous markup (usually)

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
Wow (OP's name..lol), i feel like i'm reading my own post. I, too, wrote and felt that Honda took the easy way out w/ turbo awhile back.
You're brave for traveling w/ the R this time of year, and driving thru the Rocky's at that..lol One storm and you would've been stranded. I traveled from the midwest to move to Cali back in 2004 in my 240sx w/ some bald ass tires. I hit a few storms where I thought i was done for. At one point, i couldnt' even see what's in front of me clearly w/ all the snow flakes. Miraculously, somehow I was able to get past it and the rest was clear! I couldn't fathom what that would've been like if it was in the R w/ those tires.
But, you made it!! good job and nice trip!! lastly, congrats!

P.S. we're also in the same industry...=p

OP
OP
wowwitsgau

wowwitsgau

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow (OP's name..lol), i feel like i'm reading my own post. I, too, wrote and felt that Honda took the easy way out w/ turbo awhile back.
You're brave for traveling w/ the R this time of year, and driving thru the Rocky's at that..lol One storm and you would've been stranded. I traveled from the midwest to move to Cali back in 2004 in my 240sx w/ some bald ass tires. I hit a few storms where I thought i was done for. At one point, i couldnt' even see what's in front of me clearly w/ all the snow flakes. Miraculously, somehow I was able to get past it and the rest was clear! I couldn't fathom what that would've been like if it was in the R w/ those tires.
But, you made it!! good job and nice trip!! lastly, congrats!

P.S. we're also in the same industry...=p
Nice, yeah I guess I have the warm/dry winter to thank. I did get stuck in the A-Basin parking lot where I parked on snow/ice lol. Had to get some people to help push the car. Other than that, the stock summer tires did better than expected, especially when it was below freezing

A lot of software engineers here I'd imagine - my name is Chris by the way
Sponsored