Trash Wheel Bearings in GenX?

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Actually I have a similar noise in my 17' Sedan and I blamed it on the Firestone's, could it be the wheel bearings? I mean it is above average loud in the cabin...
Sponsored

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
That's weird. I never (ever) in my life parted with (sold, traded-in, gave away, lost, totaled, burned, drowned) any car before it had over 100,000 miles on it, and never had to replace one wheel bearing.
My minivan had well over 200,000 miles after 18 years, all on one set of bearings.

But I admit I also never modded any suspensions....

Krispin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T
Country flag
Actually I have a similar noise in my 17' Sedan and I blamed it on the Firestone's, could it be the wheel bearings? I mean it is above average loud in the cabin...
I thought it was my tires at first but it got progressively worse. Go get em checked
Actually I have a similar noise in my 17' Sedan and I blamed it on the Firestone's, could

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I have a odd whirling sound coming from my front left wheel. This is consistent in any gear and even neutral.

I went on a test drive with a dealer tech it was hard for him to believe it was a wheel bearing.

My appointment is Monday to have it replaced under warranty. :)

Krispin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T
Country flag
I have a odd whirling sound coming from my front left wheel. This is consistent in any gear and even neutral.

I went on a test drive with a dealer tech it was hard for him to believe it was a wheel bearing.

My appointment is Monday to have it replaced under warranty. :)
Make sure they check all of them.

Amen111

First Name
MOhammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 lx
Country flag
I was having a clicks when turn left in my 17' sedan lx with less than 20k miles. The inspection report said that I need to changes two sides axel and wheel bearing . Is that normal ?

Amen111

First Name
MOhammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 lx
Country flag
I was having a clicks when turn left in my 17' sedan lx with less than 20k miles. The inspection report said that I need to changes two sides axel and wheel bearing . Is that normal ?

TigerSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan White
Country flag
Liking this thread. I am an old mechanic that has worked on lots of cars. I also just bought a 2018 Civic Si Sedan and KNOW it needs rear Wheel bearings. Not sure how many of these are failing early as wheel bearings are a wear item. But perhaps these needed to be a percentage beefier for the loads that are being dealt with. Simply to replace and I will start the count and observation for mine when I throw on some new ones. Iam at 93K and this is a car driven for some cornering fun regardless of who drives it is just a fun ride. In my case if these are original they more than did the job. My Si was lowered but does not have camber kits which is not a the greatest decision, but I know what to do and consider myself getting a good deal with the lowering done. What I am thinking is Negative Camber when you lower is just that much harder on the bearings. JMHO

TigerSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought it was my tires at first but it got progressively worse. Go get em checked
I went a several states away to grab mine and on the drive back at first I thought these tires are really noisy. I had not really driven the car except around the block so it was all new to me. I quickly realized the bearings were done (well the right rear).

Ryujin2003

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I went a several states away to grab mine and on the drive back at first I thought these tires are really noisy. I had not really driven the car except around the block so it was all new to me. I quickly realized the bearings were done (well the right rear).
Yeah, I've got a 19si with 36k mileage, and thought the tires were noisy after 45 mph. I definitely get that checked out. Thanks for pinging this thread, I didn't see it yet.

TigerSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought rear wheel bearing hub assemblies today and got the worst one on the passenger side done. Way less rolling noise and car rolls out smoother. For those dealing with this you can not always tell that the bearing is bad when turning by hand as you have removed all the load on the bearing. Maybe I get time to do the drivers rear tomorrow.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I bought rear wheel bearing hub assemblies today and got the worst one on the passenger side done. Way less rolling noise and car rolls out smoother. For those dealing with this you can not always tell that the bearing is bad when turning by hand as you have removed all the load on the bearing. Maybe I get time to do the drivers rear tomorrow.
So I jumped a curb and cracked one of my aftermarket rims, right rear. I had to reinstall my factory wheels. I’m dropped on coilovers and the right rear coilover strut also broke. Again, replaced it with the factory strut. (Reminder to keep your factory equipment)
I did not initially remove the adjustable toe arms to be replaced with factory. Unfortunately my my right rear wheel was considerably toed out for about a week until I could remedy the issue. This caused my wheel bearing to wear out and now it’s making an obnoxiously loud squealing noise. I have concluded I need a new wheel bearing, ( in and out play on mounted and suspended wheel ). My question is for those who have replaced their wheel hubs. I know NSK is the OEM supplier for this part. I’d like to go with something else. Not looking to spend more than necessary but my concern is reliability and integrity of said part(s). I’m pasting a link to my options. Anyone who has purchased any of these please comment and wrote a short review and or opinions of said part. I want to hurry and purchase. So any input would be appreciated. I’m sure there are others with the same concerns. Thank you all in advance.

https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2019/honda/civic/driveshaft_-ar-_axle/wheel_hub_assembly.html
Sponsored