Transmission wont go in or out of gear

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
probably your syncros are shot because of wrong clutch setup and trying to force into gears.
Sponsored

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
Did you upgrade the clutch master cylinder with your clutch? You may not be moving enough fluid to fully disengage the flywheel.

I've heard other people use an unsprung clutch with an unsprung flywheel (it introduces more shock to the drivetrain) but it will still work.

OP
OP
Jhall.IV

Jhall.IV

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update, pulled apart the trans to find the pressure plate completely came off the clutch and banged up the clutch/case. I don't know how it came free being as it was bolted down to spec and worked for roughly 10k miles. I had it done at a shop by a buddy that is experienced and very good at what he does so I strongly believe it wasn't on him.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Update, pulled apart the trans to find the pressure plate completely came off the clutch and banged up the clutch/case. I don't know how it came free being as it was bolted down to spec and worked for roughly 10k miles. I had it done at a shop by a buddy that is experienced and very good at what he does so I strongly believe it wasn't on him.
Loctight but I blame the disc

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
What did it sound like, your PP coming off? Did it rattle, make any noises banging around inside your bell housing?

OP
OP
Jhall.IV

Jhall.IV

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
while in neutral it just sounded like minor chatter but otherwise it didnt really make noise. when i would be in gear with the clutch fully depressed you could hear it not fully disengaged and sliding
Sponsored