Transmission Noise??

ndean9142

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Ex 2017
Whats going everyone, new to the forum so bare with me lol, anyway i have a 2017 Civic Ex Hatchback with a little over 20,000 miles on it. owned for a little over a year now. I like to use the "S" mode when im on the highway and backroads but other than that i use the Regular D mode on a normal basis. I never shift between the 2 gears while my foot is on the accelerator. However my problem comes in when im in the "S" mode and im slowly coming to a stop or slowing down. I can hear a slight whining or winding down noise coming from under the hood. It is not the turbo for the turbo makes more of a whistling noise. I took it to the dealership and took a technician on a ride with me and he was able to hear the noise as well. It is rather fate but you can still here it. He explained that it could possibly be the cone like parts that the belts within the transmission rest on, that could be making the wining noise because they are under fluid pressure i guess to raise the RPMS of the vehicle and assist in better braking and he said thats what i could be hearing? I just wanted to see if anyone elses civic did this while in"S" mode? Or if anyone has any insight on this issue and if its something i should be worried about? Note: I can not hear the noise while in regular "D" mode. Thank you everyone for your time and hope to hear back soon.
Nick
Sponsored