Transmission Fluid - Transmission Jerking/Pulling?

FatesWarning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Hello All-

I'm wondering if someone could help me out. I bought a 2016 Honda Civic EX-L a few months ago and currently have 7000 miles on it.

Since the day I got the car It feels like the transmission "jerks" or tries to "pull" me forward like someone is pulling on the car with a rope trying to get me to go faster. This happens when I'm on cruise control and both ECON and turbo mode. It was a lot more noticeable this weekend and I almost pulled over on the highway to try to get it to stop.

I popped the hood earlier and was looking for the transmission fluid dipstick but could only find the little plug that is labeled HCF-2. I looked in the reservoir but I couldn't see any fluid at all.

These may be dumb questions but is there a dipstick or is it just the little plug? Should I be able to see the fluid in the reservoir? I can't tell how much transmission fluid is in the car. I should note that there are no engine lights on. Has anyone else felt this with their transmissions? I love the car but the transmission bothers me to constantly feel the tugging.

Thanks.
Jason
Sponsored

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
You may be experiencing the surging many people are talking about. There is a tsb that addresses it. There is a thread regarding this "surging " on this forum.

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hello All-

I'm wondering if someone could help me out. I bought a 2016 Honda Civic EX-L a few months ago and currently have 7000 miles on it.

Since the day I got the car It feels like the transmission "jerks" or tries to "pull" me forward like someone is pulling on the car with a rope trying to get me to go faster. This happens when I'm on cruise control and both ECON and turbo mode. It was a lot more noticeable this weekend and I almost pulled over on the highway to try to get it to stop.

I popped the hood earlier and was looking for the transmission fluid dipstick but could only find the little plug that is labeled HCF-2. I looked in the reservoir but I couldn't see any fluid at all.

These may be dumb questions but is there a dipstick or is it just the little plug? Should I be able to see the fluid in the reservoir? I can't tell how much transmission fluid is in the car. I should note that there are no engine lights on. Has anyone else felt this with their transmissions? I love the car but the transmission bothers me to constantly feel the tugging.

Thanks.
Jason
The fix is here: http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-...-at-highway-speeds-45–70-mph-s-b-16-028.2507/

OP
OP

FatesWarning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Sweet! I read up on the surging you are talking about and it's exactly what's going on. I'll bring this service bulletin into the dealer so they can do the update. Thanks. This forum is great.
Sponsored