First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi All

I own a 2016 Honda Civic Touring and am due for a transmission fluid change. Anyone that has done it, does it make a difference in using the Honda CVT fluid or another manufacturer. It's a bloody ripoff at the dealership for this oil at $23 a quart, its not something I want to mess with if I don't have too.
Sponsored

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Some Honda dealer part stores have crazy markups, others don't. The HCF2 fluid doesn't cost that much. I found it in an internet store for $44/4qt including shipping. Buy it somewhere else. Don't use any other fluid.

Last edited:
OP
OP

carlos969

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Some Honda dealer part stores have crazy markups, others don't. The HCF2 fluid doesn't cost that much. I found it in an internet store for $44/4qt including shipping. Buy it somewhere else. Don't use any other fluid.
Thank you very much for the reply. I wish the US border was open, then I would go to Advance and get fluid there. It's alot cheaper and more options than what we have here in Canada.

OP
OP

carlos969

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Many people here including myself have used Valvoline CVT synthetic fluid with good results.

https://www.amazon.com/Valvoline-Continuously-Variable-Transmission-Fluid/dp/B00DJ4FGIK
Yes I have seen the Valvoline on Rock Auto website and also Castrol makes a CVT oil as well. Both of which are not available here in Canada, and cost a fortune to get shipped here. At that point your better off just biting the bullet and buy it from the dealership. There is no consistency either between dealerships in how much they charge for the oil.

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Hi All

I own a 2016 Honda Civic Touring and am due for a transmission fluid change. Anyone that has done it, does it make a difference in using the Honda CVT fluid or another manufacturer. It's a bloody ripoff at the dealership for this oil at $23 a quart, its not something I want to mess with if I don't have too.
Get the oem Honda cvt fluid, transmissions are really specific on what fluid they want in there.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Thank you very much for the reply. I wish the US border was open, then I would go to Advance and get fluid there. It's alot cheaper and more options than what we have here in Canada.
Ouch, Canada. Look at the prices on Amazon.com vs. .ca of the Made in China colored aluminum decorations for the civic buttons, tweeters, etc.

The currency conversion Amazon.ca is using on these is apparently roughly 1 USD = 4 CAD. So $7.99 for USA = $34.75 for Canada. For a stick-on aluminum washer that weighs about 2 grams. Not that they sell millions of these... but the winner is... China :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP

carlos969

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes I looked already and the exchange and shipping kills me with the price. We don't have much options here. And yes, the crush ring at the dealership is $5. Yes, you read it right, $5 for an aluminum ring, where they are 25 cents on Amazon.

OP
OP

carlos969

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Ouch, Canada. Look at the prices on Amazon.com vs. .ca of the Made in China colored aluminum decorations for the civic buttons, twitters, etc.

The currency conversion Amazon.ca is using on these is apparently roughly 1 USD = 4 CAD. So $7.99 for USA = $34.75 for Canada. For a stick-on aluminum washer that weighs about 2 grams. Not that they sell millions of these... but the winner is... China :thumbsup:
Here is a reply from one of the dealership.
Hello Carlos,

On behalf of Cambridge Centre Honda, thank you for your parts request.

I do have the HCF2 fluid and crush washer in stock. The fluid id $21.61 + hst per litre and the washer is $4.89 + hst.
Sponsored