Transmission fluid check bolt. Is there one on the Type R?

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Country flag
i tried doing this today but the extension i had felt like it was going to round out the fill plug. any recommendations on what to buy at harbor freight or somewhere else to get that out?

also, can you just fill through the fluid check hole with a fluid pump?
Sponsored

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Country flag
How are you guys reaching the check bolt with the car level? Iā€™ve had an integra and rsx in the past and was able to reach from the wheel well, so I could just remove the wheel and use a jack and lower the car to ride height and not be under the car.
once you have the front up on jackstands you can just jack up at the rear jacking point until it's level.

FK8_Karl

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
once you have the front up on jackstands you can just jack up at the rear jacking point until it's level.
Lol, itā€™s been 3 years man. But thanks for the reply. I sold that car back in November of ā€˜21. As much as I wanted to like it, it wasnā€™t for me. I like my Hondas old, slow, and cheap.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i tried doing this today but the extension i had felt like it was going to round out the fill plug. any recommendations on what to buy at harbor freight or somewhere else to get that out?

also, can you just fill through the fluid check hole with a fluid pump?
I just used a 3/8ā€ square drive for the filler bolt. Also my biggest breaker bar and a mallet for ā€œimpactā€. Maybe try a couple extensions to find one that fits best, due to tolerances.

To avoid removing the filler bolt, I donā€™t see why you couldnā€™t fill in from the check bolt hole. But it would take much longer and youā€™d need to rig a way to vent the housing since there will be no other place for air to escape. Maybe a flexible tube for incoming MTF, with a vent straw thingy could work, kinda like the olive oil bottles have.

Honda Civic 10th gen Transmission fluid check bolt. Is there one on the Type R? 1713560057275-md

hereā€™s the post from @fatherpain ā€™s thread:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/fatherpainā€™s-2018-type-r.42379/post-718818
Sponsored