Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Least at my dealer, its pretty cheap, at least on the me. Its likee 60 bucks. Worth it for me.
If you have a good relationship with your dealership, then honestly for that price it's your best bet. It cost me $70-80 just for the CVT fluid, not to mention the time taken out of my day to do the change.

bigbacon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
If you have a good relationship with your dealership, then honestly for that price it's your best bet. It cost me $70-80 just for the CVT fluid, not to mention the time taken out of my day to do the change.
CVT is always way more expensive at the dealer than MT. I think a CVT change is like 150 bucks.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CVT is always way more expensive at the dealer than MT. I think a CVT change is like 150 bucks.
True. I missed you own a CTR- but I've read/heard of dealerships doing CVT changes for $70-100 depending on where you're at. Considering the CVT fluid alone cost $70-80, if your local dealership charges $100 or less I'd say that is the better deal than spending time doing it yourself, if you don't know how to.

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
True. I missed you own a CTR- but I've read/heard of dealerships doing CVT changes for $70-100 depending on where you're at. Considering the CVT fluid alone cost $70-80, if your local dealership charges $100 or less I'd say that is the better deal than spending time doing it yourself, if you don't know how to.
Just did mine at gureleey leep honda in IN.
280$ for 2 drain and fills like 2 months ago.

But for some reason my cvt is starting to slip... when accelerating from 20/30 to about 50/60 around 47 to 53 mph it's like my accelerator pedal loses connection with the engine I feel a slight thud and no longer can accelerate for what seems like only a second or two.... should I change my fluid again on my own?

What do you recommend?

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
Should I get amsoil or honda and should I get somthing like Bars cvt fix?

Or just ask honda to look at it again?

I am tuned to ktunes dual starter. Only noticed this issue once I tuned... thinking about going back to stock and just selling/trading it to avoid future issues

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Should I get amsoil or honda and should I get somthing like Bars cvt fix?

Or just ask honda to look at it again?

I am tuned to ktunes dual starter. Only noticed this issue once I tuned... thinking about going back to stock and just selling/trading it to avoid future issues
I would recommend Honda CVT fluid, but that's probably personal preference. And if you're slipping and don't mind going back stock/have another vehicle, trading/selling isn't a bad idea I guess.

idoc777

First Name
monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ex
Country flag
is the PDF for a CVT transmission? 2018 hatchback EX? I called a local service shop, and they said it to replace transmission fluid requires a SPECIAL tool. I don't see a special tool in the PDF? Also they said it has to be HONDA transmission fluid, cannot use other kinds of transmission fluid. is that true?

thanks

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
is the PDF for a CVT transmission? 2018 hatchback EX? I called a local service shop, and they said it to replace transmission fluid requires a SPECIAL tool. I don't see a special tool in the PDF? Also they said it has to be HONDA transmission fluid, cannot use other kinds of transmission fluid. is that true?

thanks
PDF in post #13 is for all CVTs. No special tools needed. Use only Honda HCF-2 CVT fluid.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I have the CVT fluid changed at every 20k it’s been changed two times 20& 40k now since it got 57k it will be changed soon I have it done at the dealership my living conditions makes it tough for me to do it myself

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I have the CVT fluid changed at every 20k it’s been changed two times 20& 40k now since it got 57k it will be changed soon I have it done at the dealership my living conditions makes it tough for me to do it myself
That is very early. Why at 20k? It's usually 50k miles before the maintenance minder says to change it. I've gone 50k between changes twice and I've gone 30k between changes and I couldn't tell a difference in feel between the two. 138,000 miles total and no complaints.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
That is very early. Why at 20k? It's usually 50k miles before the maintenance minder says to change it. I've gone 50k between changes twice and I've gone 30k between changes and I couldn't tell a difference in feel between the two. 138,000 miles total and no complaints.
I’m overly cautious When I comes to fluid changes with my vehicles. Probably do too living on Long Island with many steep hills and lots and lots of stop and go traffic. Florida has straight and flat roads but dose have stop and go traffic for example I leave 3am in the morning to travel 23 miles it takes me 25 to 30 minutes that same trip back at 12:30 pm noon will take me 45 to 60 minutes especially snow bird season it might be a little too early to change the fluid but it’s a peace of mind thing

Testudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch exl
Country flag
Is it necessary to do a flush with the fluid change, or is it just drain and fill?

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Is it necessary to do a flush with the fluid change, or is it just drain and fill?
The manual only states to drain and fill
Sponsored