Transmission Bearing Blown

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Yes I am very grateful for their haste. I dropped the car off last Monday and their main technician was “on vacation” until Tuesday lol. He “got back from vacation a day early” and started it yesterday. I have a feeling they just were waiting on parts and had other things to knock out. Also what do you mean HPD 4th gear? I’m uninformed on that xD
HPD is Honda Performance Development, the branch of Honda that makes racecars. They developed a racecar version of the Si and they sell the parts to race teams. The only transmission upgrade is a stronger 4th gear.

At least one person I've seen has gotten it through hookups and installed it as part of a transmission rebuild. If my tranny goes and I fix it myself I plan to find a way to source it.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
askro

askro

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CR-V & 2017 Type R-00606
Country flag
HPD is Honda Performance Development, the branch of Honda that makes racecars. They developed a racecar version of the Si and they sell the parts to race teams. The only transmission upgrade is a stronger 4th gear.

At least one person I've seen has gotten it through hookups and installed it as part of a transmission rebuild. If my tranny goes and I fix it myself I plan to find a way to source it.
Sounds nice haha, well hopefully it doesn’t anytime soon ?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Keep us updated on what the dealership finds. Ask them if they can get you some pictures of the damage or give you the damaged parts when they yank them.
In my experience, the dealer doesn't give out parts replaced under warranty... At least that's what I was told when I had warranty work done.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
In my experience, the dealer doesn't give out parts replaced under warranty... At least that's what I was told when I had warranty work done.
Yeah they try to hide everything and pretend theyve never heard of the issue
Sponsored