Transferring old sound system from my old car... (Need advice)

Spunjer

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda civic
Country flag
... to my new one.
i had a 2013 Civic Ex-l, and being that the OEM audio system in that particular model sucked, i decided to upgrade by having all the speakers replaced and adding a subwoofer.

so, fast forward to present, my original intention was to leave that system in there since i was planning on getting the Touring, with her 450 watt sound system and all. after test driving the Touring, i was kinda disappointed with the way the sound system sounded. not bad, i guess, but coming from listening to aftermarket system day in and day out, the oomph was just not there.

i changed my mind and told the sales person that i'm taking out some of the equipment i have in there. so this is what i have someone do:
remove the amps, sub and sound processor, and leave the after-market speakers for the next owner.
this is what i harvested from my old car:

AlpineMRV-F300 4 Channel amp

Alpine MRV-M500 Mono Amp

Rockford Fosgate P3 1x10 Sub

Audio Control DQ-61

actually, i'm starting to get used to the sound quality of my new car, but i feel like it's still lacking that bass that i got used to these last 4 years. not that i blast my system when i listen to the music, but the bass just makes a big difference with the overall audio quality.

i'm thinking about recycling the Alpine mono amp and RF subwoofer, so my question is this: would i need the AudioControl DQ-61 for this set up, or is it an overkill, or would it even help? or do need to use a different sound processor? my end goal here is to add bass to the music. nothing fancy/

P.S.
i added pictures of how it was rigged in my old Civic

Honda Civic 10th gen Transferring old sound system from my old car... (Need advice) 011

Honda Civic 10th gen Transferring old sound system from my old car... (Need advice) 009

OP
OP
Spunjer

Spunjer

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda civic
Country flag
anyone?
or any point me to other forums that could help me?

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The challenge with the Touring stereo system is there's a single proprietary SPDIF cable that runs from the Infotainment to the amp. From the amp, the signal is processed and outputs to the speakers. You would need to tap into the front tweeters and door speakers and sub in order to get all of the bands to the DQ-61. You'll probably want to mount it near the factory amp (located in the passenger side kick panel) or run twelve wires from the factory amp all the way to the trunk if that's where you're mounting the DQ-61. If you haven't already done so, remove the cover to the DQ-61 and change the jumper for channel summing.

OP
OP
Spunjer

Spunjer

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda civic
Country flag
thanks for your response. so it appears i can salvage the DQ-61 instead of buying a different sound processor? or do i even need that?

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes you can salvage it and you do need it in order to get all the bands needed for the highs, midranges, midbass, and subwoofer.

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
You won’t need it, per se. If your amo has hi inputs, you can just use the same inputs from the sub that’s in your Touring already. Otherwise, you can just purchase another hi-lo converter.

However, that’s a pretty nice rig. I would just strip it all and put it on your Touring.

Edit: also, I would check out the JL Audio Fix86. If you want to add time delay and full range of access to your sound, I would add the Twk88. (Sorry, not a fan of audio control products lol)
Sponsored