• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trailer Hitch?

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
This:

52652828910_43b6c852f1_b.jpg

I also call it a 3/4 car garage. I would say excuse the mess, but that's about as neat as it ever gets.
I care less about the "mess" than trying to see what kind of bikes those are. I can't tell from the photo, though.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
These should help.

The daily commuter and twisty road fun bike:

49792860286_e7e6c1628c_c.jpg

The now former track bike, since I ran out of talent and split my collarbone and ended up with 2 plates and 18 screws inside me. Sale pending. Now that I'm 61, bouncing off the pavement likely won't end well.

52654240855_8a1ffbff40_c.jpg

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
These should help.

The daily commuter and twisty road fun bike:

49792860286_e7e6c1628c_c.jpg

The now former track bike, since I ran out of talent and split my collarbone and ended up with 2 plates and 18 screws inside me. Sale pending. Now that I'm 61, bouncing off the pavement likely won't end well.

52654240855_8a1ffbff40_c.jpg
That idiocracy reference on the race bike 🤣

Hopefully you're nice and recovered from the spill.

I fear I may have pulled us way too far off the topic of the thread, so I'm going to stop asking questions now.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That idiocracy reference on the race bike 🤣

Hopefully you're nice and recovered from the spill.

I fear I may have pulled us way too far off the topic of the thread, so I'm going to stop asking questions now.
I got everything done and did a road test today. I had 3 concerns:

Whether or not the hitch scraped on my driveway apron when pulling out. It didn't, and there is almost no extra sag with the trailer hooked up, so I should be able to get away without airbags. Which is nice, because I'm having trouble finding a set that fit.

Whether or not I got a "speed wobble" when braking from speed. That would indicate I didn't have enough weight on the tongue, and can be very dangerous. I was able to get up to 80 and hit the brakes pretty hard and no wobble. Good news.

Whether or not reversing with a trailer caused all the nannyware to go apeshit. It sure did. The rear collision avoidance even slammed on the brakes the couple times I was going faster than an absolute crawl. Good thing I can turn all that crap off.

The Brawndo stickers were a tongue-in-cheek jab at some of the track day people I encountered. Those people would come out with their big dollar bikes festooned with MotoGP and Moto America Liveries and quite a few of them couldn't ride for shit.

The collarbone incident was in August of 2020, so I'm fine. Still have the hardware to remind me, though.

50472265953_4b05070735_c.jpg

And...one more pic of me at what kids these days call "full send."

48872494688_2d87ee1124_c.jpg

Last edited:

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I got everything done and did a road test today. I had 3 concerns:

Whether or not the hitch scraped on my driveway apron when pulling out. It didn't, and there is almost no extra sag with the trailer hooked up, so I should be able to get away without airbags. Which is nice, because I'm having trouble finding a set that fit.

Whether or not I got a "speed wobble" when braking from speed. That would indicate I didn't have enough weight on the tongue, and can be very dangerous. I was able to get up to 80 and hit the brakes pretty hard and no wobble. Good news.

Whether or not reversing with a trailer caused all the nannyware to go apeshit. It sure did. The rear collision avoidance even slammed on the brakes the couple times I was going faster than an absolute crawl. Good thing I can turn all that crap off.

The Brawndo stickers were a tongue-in-cheek jab at some of the track day people I encountered. Those people would come out with their big dollar bikes festooned with MotoGP and Moto America Liveries and quite a few of them couldn't ride for shit.

The collarbone incident was in August of 2020, so I'm fine. Still have the hardware to remind me, though.

50472265953_4b05070735_c.jpg

And...one more pic of me at what kids these days call "full send."

48872494688_2d87ee1124_c.jpg
The brawndo stickers are fantastic.

Glad you recovered!

Your "full send" picture reminds me of how terrified I was to do that when I was on two wheels. I'd be a squid in your eyes. I do wish to get back into it one of these days.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The brawndo stickers are fantastic.

Glad you recovered!

Your "full send" picture reminds me of how terrified I was to do that when I was on two wheels. I'd be a squid in your eyes. I do wish to get back into it one of these days.
If you were terrified you weren't a squid. They're too stupid to realize they should be scared. ;)

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
One last post, then this thead can die its overdue death.

I would like to get the Eibach Pro Kit for a very minor drop, but I was worried about the clearance between the bottom of the hitch and my driveway apron. I'd very much not like to scrape the hitch every time I pull in/out. The other day, I hooked my trailer with my slightly lighter bike loaded on it and measured the gap between the bottom of the hitch and my driveway apron with the rear wheels at the lowest point they would be while pulling in/out. The gap was about 2.5".

This was the lighter of the two bikes I have, but it was already on the trailer (I'm hoping to drag it to a potential buyer soon), and the car was empty. However, I had previously measured less than 3/4" sag at the rear with my 180# standing on the hitch. Also, since the hitch sits well behind the rear wheels and the Pro Kit drops the front 0.3" more than the rear, at the hitch the drop would be less than the 1 full inch the kit drops the car at the rear wheels.

This is me. I tend to over-think everything. ;)

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
One last post, then this thead can die its overdue death.

I would like to get the Eibach Pro Kit for a very minor drop, but I was worried about the clearance between the bottom of the hitch and my driveway apron. I'd very much not like to scrape the hitch every time I pull in/out. The other day, I hooked my trailer with my slightly lighter bike loaded on it and measured the gap between the bottom of the hitch and my driveway apron with the rear wheels at the lowest point they would be while pulling in/out. The gap was about 2.5".

This was the lighter of the two bikes I have, but it was already on the trailer (I'm hoping to drag it to a potential buyer soon), and the car was empty. However, I had previously measured less than 3/4" sag at the rear with my 180# standing on the hitch. Also, since the hitch sits well behind the rear wheels and the Pro Kit drops the front 0.3" more than the rear, at the hitch the drop would be less than the 1 full inch the kit drops the car at the rear wheels.

This is me. I tend to over-think everything. ;)
You missed one point there. You are assuming the pro kit and the stock spring rates are the same. If the pro kit is softer, which is doubtful, you may encounter an issue.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's true and something I will add to my over-thinking list. I did see a picture of the rear Pro springs on their website and installed in a car and they looked very progressive, so that first inch or so may disappear quickly.

eibach-e102010060122-integra-1_1024x1024@2x.jpg

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Not trying to add to your overthinking list I know how painful that is. Just trying to make sure your overthinking is ending in a positive outcome and all bases were covered.

Do they list a rate?

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was finally able to install my airbags today. If anyone cares, Air Lift kit #60904 fits well, but might be about 1/2" too tall. There is a small conical protrusion in the top hat that slightly contacts the top of the bag, but I don't see it as a problem.

The better option would probably be #60903. The bag is shorter and comes with spacers so you can adjust the height. I'll get that one, if I decide to lower it.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I was finally able to install my airbags today. If anyone cares, Air Lift kit #60904 fits well, but might be about 1/2" too tall. There is a small conical protrusion in the top hat that slightly contacts the top of the bag, but I don't see it as a problem.

The better option would probably be #60903. The bag is shorter and comes with spacers so you can adjust the height. I'll get that one, if I decide to lower it.
What made you decide to order air bags?

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What made you decide to order air bags?
To level the back end back up on the occasion that I tow my trailer, like this June when I trailer my bike down to the Smoky Mountains for a trip I take just about every year.