• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trailer Hitch?

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Any reason not to think the class 1 hitches that fit the 20+ Civic will work on the Integra?
I'd hate to have to use a trunk or roof rack to haul bicycles.

OP
OP

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
anyone have access to on-line parts diagrams?

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I'm also looking for confirmation of hitch receiver fitment. Theoretically, I don't see why the Draw-Tite one for the 2022 Civic shouldn't fit, but you never know for sure until it's been installed. I would be towing a small trailer carrying (usually) my motorcycle, so a set of rear spring airbags would also be nice, especially when I'm taking all my camping kit, too.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Draw-Tite/24954.html?feed=npn&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google | Shop - Trailer Hitch&adgroupid=97971555046&campaignid=918096360&creative=425374847166&device=c&devicemodel=&feeditemid=&keyword=&loc_interest_ms=&loc_physical_ms=9008160&matchtype=&network=g&placement=&position=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwzqSWBhDPARIsAK38LY83Mtj1OyPZlbh6hxqmcXX5kW_o1UGvS3hoXpWN1d-srB-ktmmUYTYaAh1xEALw_wcB

I've towed this same combo with a 2007 Mazda 3, a 2010 Honda Fit, and a 2012 VW GTI, so I know it can be done and will not harm the car in any way. The GTI was a fantastic tow vehicle, and the output of the Integra is pretty close to a stock Mk6, so if it all comes together, I'm expecting good things.

Maybe not very interesting note on the Honda Fit: When I was looking to buy that car, U.S. Honda said it was not recommended for towing. I went to the Honda UK website and it showed tongue and towing weight limits right in the owner's manual (150/1500).

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
U.S. Honda said it was not recommended for towing. I went to the Honda UK website and it showed tongue and towing weight limits
So funny. I guess not everyone needs a "bro" truck to tow.

On the hitch fitment, I read elsewhere that you had to cut away a bit of the bumper cover.

OP
OP

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Yes, I anticipate having to cut a notch in the diffuser.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So funny. I guess not everyone needs a "bro" truck to tow.

On the hitch fitment, I read elsewhere that you had to cut away a bit of the bumper cover.
Typically, you do, but it's just a small bit at the very bottom. You'd only see the cut if you were lying on your back under the rear of the car.

OP
OP

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
I went ahead today and ordered the draw-tite hitch that others have successfully installed on '22 Civics. Haven't been able to verify the rear bumper beam is identical so I'm rolling the dice. I could have pulled off the bumper cover/lights etc. and made eyeball comparisons to pics of the Civic but I'm hoping to only do that once to minimize potential minor damage to clips/tabs.

lauren01

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-Z
https://www.uhaul.com/Trailer-Hitches/

Get a free hitch if you can spare your car for U-Haul R&D in Tempe to craft the design and your hardware. Takes 4 to 5 days.

It’s a 7-hour drive to Tempe from my place in the 93001. I’d need airfare to get home and work, then fly back, then drive back. So I’ll pass but hope someone opts in.

Tell them about the rear diffuser option…

835D9973-FF32-400C-AB12-0008AA144F69.png

8C8C8660-2DFA-43F3-B878-A9E5C50AACDC.png

OP
OP

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
I went ahead today and ordered the draw-tite hitch that others have successfully installed on '22 Civics. Haven't been able to verify the rear bumper beam is identical so I'm rolling the dice. I could have pulled off the bumper cover/lights etc. and made eyeball comparisons to pics of the Civic but I'm hoping to only do that once to minimize potential minor damage to clips/tabs.
I got hitched today!
Thanks to the folks at Hiley Acura of Fort Worth that were willing to roll the dice with me and give the Civic hitch(draw-tite 24954)install a try.
Taking the bumper cover off is even easier than seen in the Civic videos. The backup camera and parking sensors have one shared connection that's easily undone.
I decided not to trim the corners off the bumper beam since a '22 Civic hatch installer said he was successful without doing so.
That probably should be done on the Integra too since while the cover went back on and looks factory two clips that go on the bottom of the cover don't line up any longer. So we just ziptied them. Not ideal but should be fine.
Took about 90 minutes to complete.

20220715_113041.jpg

20220715_114653.jpg

20220715_115111.jpg

20220715_120239.jpg

20220715_123457.jpg

20220715_123535.jpg

20220715_122526.jpg

OP
OP

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Mounted a rack and bike this morning and when reversing the rear parking sensors freaked out and applied the brakes aggressively even engaging ABS. I think I shifted into neutral then back into reverse and it allowed me to move backwards.
Definitely will reference the owners manual to see if I can temporarily turn those sensors off.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is fantastic news. Logically, I thought the Civic hitch should fit, but that's meaningless until someone gives it a shot. This news has tipped the scales. I was going to take a leap of faith on a VW GTI, but now there's no need to risk buying a potential lemon. On Saturday I'm going to my local Acura dealer to officially start what I assume will be a very long wait. Liquid Carbon Metallic/Red, 6MT, in case anyone is interested.

PS: If anyone has fitted a set of airbags for the rear springs, please let me know (my hitch will be for a small trailer, and the airbags are fantastic for leveling the car when towing).

lauren01

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-Z
I’m wondering if a huge e-bike rack and two e-bikes would F up the Integra or Si. Probably:/

OP
OP

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
F-Up?
I believe the tongue weight is 200 lbs if I'm not mistaken.