Trailer Hitch, Civic Sport Hatch w/center Exhaust. Schematic Included. Make your own or will sell $500 + shipping.

GrayGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring, 6MT (Canadian Spec)
Country flag
Hey all. I don't know if anybody is still looking but I have a trailer hitch (used for a bike rack only) on my 2019 Civic Sport Hatch. I bought a Draw-Tite Class 1 Trailer Hitch Receiver # 24954 online from Etrailer. I plagiarized some of the work of another member and made the below diagram.

I did have to make one modification to the car. Under the bumper cover on the left side is a metal tab like thing hanging down from the body. I think this was used in production or shipping. It serves no purpose at all. I cut it off with a hacksaw and primed the exposed metal. I didn't have to cut the bumper cover or modify the exhaust. The welding shop did an amazing job getting it lined up (your results may vary). The hitch bolted right up and works perfectly. I can't use it for a trailer as I had the shop cut off the safety chain loops. That's Ok, I wouldn't want to tow with this thing anyway.

Like I said, I'll sell you one ready to bolt up for $500 plus shipping if you want. I'm not looking to get into the hitch-selling business but that's about how much I have invested in this thing.

Thanks for looking and I wish you great success with your projects!

GG

Honda Civic 10th gen Trailer Hitch, Civic Sport Hatch w/center Exhaust.  Schematic Included. Make your own or will sell $500 + shipping. IMG_0887[1].JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Trailer Hitch, Civic Sport Hatch w/center Exhaust.  Schematic Included. Make your own or will sell $500 + shipping. IMG_1593[1].JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Trailer Hitch, Civic Sport Hatch w/center Exhaust.  Schematic Included. Make your own or will sell $500 + shipping. IMG_1595[1].JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Trailer Hitch, Civic Sport Hatch w/center Exhaust.  Schematic Included. Make your own or will sell $500 + shipping. IMG_1594[1].JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Trailer Hitch, Civic Sport Hatch w/center Exhaust.  Schematic Included. Make your own or will sell $500 + shipping. Schematic

CHRIS EMBLER

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CIVIC SPORT
Country flag
Hey all. I don't know if anybody is still looking but I have a trailer hitch (used for a bike rack only) on my 2019 Civic Sport Hatch. I bought a Draw-Tite Class 1 Trailer Hitch Receiver # 24954 online from Etrailer. I plagiarized some of the work of another member and made the below diagram.

I did have to make one modification to the car. Under the bumper cover on the left side is a metal tab like thing hanging down from the body. I think this was used in production or shipping. It serves no purpose at all. I cut it off with a hacksaw and primed the exposed metal. I didn't have to cut the bumper cover or modify the exhaust. The welding shop did an amazing job getting it lined up (your results may vary). The hitch bolted right up and works perfectly. I can't use it for a trailer as I had the shop cut off the safety chain loops. That's Ok, I wouldn't want to tow with this thing anyway.

Like I said, I'll sell you one ready to bolt up for $500 plus shipping if you want. I'm not looking to get into the hitch-selling business but that's about how much I have invested in this thing.

Thanks for looking and I wish you great success with your projects!

GG

IMG_0887[1].JPG

IMG_1593[1].JPG

IMG_1595[1].JPG

IMG_1594[1].JPG

Schematic.jpg
You still have hitch? I’m in Wesley Chapel. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
GrayGhost

GrayGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring, 6MT (Canadian Spec)
Country flag
Hi. I don't manufacture the hitches. I can tell you the hitch I bought ( Draw-Tite Class 1 Trailer Hitch Receiver # 24954 online from Etrailer ) and the welding shop in Tampa that did the modifications. Aztec Welding in Largo. https://aztec-welding.com/
I gave them the hitch and the above schematic and they had it back in a couple of days.

Or I could do all that and sell it to you. Your choice. It should fit your car as long as you don't have the "HDMI" exhaust like on the Si.

dj pleomorphic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
pleobeatz.company.site
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda civic sport hatchback
Country flag
Hey guys new here but wanted to join to say thanks to the OP for the drawings on how to do the trailer hitch. I have a youtube channel I just started not too long ago, but I have 2 parts already of the fabrication for the 2021 Civic Sport hatchback hitch on there if anyone wants to know how to do it and what issues you will face installing the hitch. I'll prob be doing one more video to finish the series.

Kaylakow

First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic sport touring hatchback
Is the hitch welded to the car or bolted? Or does it matter?
Sponsored