Trading in my Type R for a Hybrid , The dealer offered me...

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
House is overrated! Do the responsible thing and trade it in for a 2020 CTR with new enhancements to ride quality, interior refinements, etc. :D
Sponsored

various cheeses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
I bought a gen2 prius with 170k miles for 4k, and sold it for 4k a couple years later. Zero problems with the car the entire time. Gained a lot of respect for a model I previously despised. Traded up to the Insight last July, since it was for my wife.

You can buy 5-7 of these Priuses for the same cost as a new Insight, if you just need a point A-B car.

Mcgugugaga

First Name
Jia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
Not to be rude here. Do not buy the house if $200 makes a difference for you. House will cost you a lot more and could have other unforeseen costs. As other have stated before, buying a new car actually cost you more in total payments. The bank will also hit you for taking on additional loan.

Pay off your current loan and credit or get a used car(paid full) are wiser choices. Do not go over your income/debt ratio on your mortgage.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Way too many buyers fall for this trap of only looking at the monthly payments. The dealers only encourage this thinking. Look at the longer term/bigger picture and then base your decisions on that.

You should really be looking at a 8k used car if that extra $200 is going to make a difference to you.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Not to be rude here. Do not buy the house if $200 makes a difference for you. House will cost you a lot more and will have other unforeseen costs. As other have stated before, buying a new car actually cost you more in total payments. The bank will also hit you for taking on additional loan.

Pay off your current loan and credit or get a used car(paid full) are wiser choices. Do not go over your income/debt ratio on your mortgage.
Fixed that for you.

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Thanks , I have about 4.4 years left on the current note for the TYPE R paying at 500 a month. I owe about 23000 as of now and if I get the insight with taxes would be about 20,200 @335 a month for 72 months or about 385 for 60 months.
What did you end up doing? If you kept the R and sold it post Covid you would have gotten 20k for it
Sponsored