First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is nothing terribly special about a CTR so far as general maintenance, evening if you do zero DITY stuff. It can have maintenance done anywhere. I never get anything done at a dealership, ever, short of warranty maintenance. There’s tons of Honda dealerships, so one extra-special-bad service department would lead me to take it somewhere else if it needed warranty work, not ditch the car. My Ford never goes to Ford, my Nissan never goes to Nissan, my Honda’s… never to Honda for general maintenance… even if I do most everything. The timing belt on the Odyssey’s J35 was done by an independent shop in town I like.

If I gave up on car brands based on bad service department experiences, I wouldn’t be able to own a car. All seem to be varying degrees of suck. Find an independent mechanic and keep the CTR if you want or get the Yaris. If you have a few bad trips to that service department, regardless of liking that car… you’ll be right back here again.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Pikolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Just comparing based on previous experiences that without being perfect, most of the times were just fine. And in the concrete case of one official Toyota dealer, it was simply excellent. If there were many Honda dealers at hand were I live then great, but if there aren't, hence the problem. Of course I've taken it to a different one, and will see how it goes.

I see the CTR, in my opinion, on one hand as a great car, and on the other hand as a brilliant marketing campaign by Honda: what you save in money (this is the best value for money car in his segment) you are giving back by advertising the brand. The car breaks necks, and if I am disappointed with the service, or the brand itself, then I'm reluctant to publicise Honda while driving the car. This might sound radical, or even stupid, but it is the result of frustration.

Last edited: