Trading civic type r for a new yaris gr4

Pikolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Dear civicx comrades,

I'm about to take a very tough decision: trading my 2020 Type R for a brand new Toyota Yaris GR4. Reason: my dealer is sloppy and breaking my car each time they put their dirty hands on my car. I haven't seen a worst service in my whole life. Not only unprofessional, but rude. It is sad. Having been a Toyota owner for plenty of years, I feel the Yaris GR4 is a more solid car than the Type R.

What do you think?
P
Sponsored

Last edited:

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should contact honda corporate headquarters, I believe they take service at their dealerships very seriously...

OP
OP

Pikolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I will write to Honda Europe and will tell them literally:

guys, congrats for a work well done: the Type R is a great car, probably one of the best cars ever made. I love this car. The unprofessional and sloppy job, and the rude behavior of the dealer where I bought it, has forced me to no other solution that to sell it. I'm disappointed.

Apart from the disappointment... this is gonna cost me first time, and second money. And BTW, I love this car. But I find unacceptable that taking the car to the dealer becomes an horror movie.

Last edited:

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
As much as I love the type r, get the GR Yaris.

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Having tried the GR Yaris in our slushy-snowy conditions, can confirm it's a proper rocket. Never mind the fact it's based on a Yaris- the engine-drivetrain-gearbox combo is unbeatable. And I do love the unbalanced sound of a 3-cylinder unit. Go for it!

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
I'd do anything to have the Yaris come overseas but Toyota Canada and USA said it's not possible however they do hint 2024. Closes North America will get is the GR Corolla in 2023

OP
OP

Pikolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I haven't driven the GR4, but I have owned a Yaris for 15 years. This car has been blokes/mechanics's proof, and very dependable: ~275K KMs and counting (it is still my daily car). Without having driven the GR4 I doubt it will beat the Type R as a car. The Type R has more bells and whistles and it is more practical. Overall seems, on paper, better value for money than any other direct rival. In my case, for my infinite frustration and anger, is the practice where the problem lays, I've lost all the confidence and trust in the service dealer, hence I look for something with less bells and whistles (still a great car), and something than I already know (not perfect, but better service). I hope the Yaris, as a hole experience will be better overall.

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The CTR appears bulletproof and is "just a Honda Civic++" - just have it serviced anywhere you want and avoid the dealer.

Sal

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Dear civicx comrades,

I'm about to take a very tough decision: trading my 2020 Type R for a brand new Toyota Yaris GR4. Reason: my dealer (one of the two dealers inTallinn) is sloppy and breaking my car each time they put their dirty hands on my car. I haven't seen a worst service in my whole life. Not only unprofessional, but rude. It is sad. Having been a Toyota owner for plenty of years, I feel the Yaris GR4 is a more solid car than the Type R.

What do you think?
P
Get the yaris you'll left plenty of cars in the dust,

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
I'm kinda in the same boat at the moment. I just had a live chat with Honda and the rep documented my complaint and assigned a case number. Don't know what it will come of it but we will see.

Instead of the GR Yaris, it would be the GR Corolla. Will wait to see how it looks before deciding what I really want to do.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Could you give more info on what they break and broke? I never had to take my car to the dealership at all so curious what all you had to keep revisiting them for.

- Do your own oil changes - they are really easy to do

OP
OP

Pikolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I haven't watched enough Scotty Kilmer's or Zach Jobe episodes yet to jump to the DIY car world. This is not a project car for me. Just a car to enjoy driving.

Regarding the issues with dealership: aptitude (competence) and attitude (behavior) problems. More details when Honda corporate responds, will update here in case you are curious.

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
The service techs rush through jobs so fast they don’t clip things back on right. They force the belly pan back on incorrectly, bend it all up. Forget to put screws and bolts back. Don’t make sure things are torqued properly. Ive found tools inside my bumper cover from the condenser replacement. Etc…

Your car is only special to you. To them it’s just another car on their lift.
Sponsored

Last edited: