Banned
First Name
Speed Maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Grats on the Accord Sport 2.0T!!! The 2.0T is a riot to drive and is an absolute beast of a sleeper. That's a good move by you.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. What a douche rocket.

@Dan9908 - Does the Accord roll the windows down and open the sunroof with an unlock click followed by a long press on the keyfob?
I'm sure it does since the Si has it! I was surprised that even the Civic would have it, since I've only seen it on Acuras before.

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
Congrats on the New Accord!
Wow! they gave you a LOT for your trade......a 18 SI trade in value is only about 15K at best!
I'm guessing they didn't give you that great a deal on the Accord but you can't have it all.
If they give you a good deal on one end they don't on the other.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Everyone has an opinion and things would be boring if everyone simply agreed all the time.
Well, sure. Nothing wrong with differing opinions. I don't think that even needs to be stated. I took issue with the way this particular opinion was delivered. This thread isn't a "look at me" brag post, it's just a guy who decided to move on from the Si and shared his thought process (which, incidentally, I appreciated reading). The comment in question intimated that his decision was a mistake, citing some incorrect assumptions. A less offensive way to present the opinion would have been something like:

The Si is a proper driver's car and the Accord is not. If you are someone who enjoys the shifting, handling, and overall driving experience, the Accord is a downgrade...That doesn't mean the Accord isn't fantastic at what the Accord is meant to do- it looks great and provides a sophisticated, comfortable, and relatively luxurious ride that packs a punch in a straight line.
...rather than the incomplete list of half-truths & falsehoods that was actually posted. You can see the difference, right?

We're (mostly) big boys here, and I doubt OP is losing any sleep over this. Even so, as summarized in sage fashion by cafecito820:

Of course, but you can disagree without being a douche rocket.

OP
OP
Dan9908

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
Hardly losing sleep over an Internet reply! Those who are enthusiasts appreciate people’s differing car choices and their reason for those choices. Maybe if I had bought a Prius I’d be open to some ball busting, but alas- no Prius here.

and activating Sport mode is nice in this

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Well, sure. Nothing wrong with differing opinions. I don't think that even needs to be stated. I took issue with the way this particular opinion was delivered. This thread isn't a "look at me" brag post, it's just a guy who decided to move on from the Si and shared his thought process (which, incidentally, I appreciated reading). The comment in question intimated that his decision was a mistake, citing some incorrect assumptions. A less offensive way to present the opinion would have been something like:

...rather than the incomplete list of half-truths & falsehoods that was actually posted. You can see the difference, right?

We're (mostly) big boys here, and I doubt OP is losing any sleep over this. Even so, as summarized in sage fashion by cafecito820:
Actually, the best response would be:

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your new car!

*****OR*****

Just say nothing. Silence can be a virtue if one has nothing nice to say

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hardly losing sleep over an Internet reply! Those who are enthusiasts appreciate people’s differing car choices and their reason for those choices. Maybe if I had bought a Prius I’d be open to some ball busting, but alas- no Prius here.

and activating Sport mode is nice in this
I'm going to take some flack for this, but Prius is actually a very nice car. It is well built, very roomy, is a technological marvel, actually drives very well, gets amazing gas mileage, and is built to last (the batteries are not of course). I wouldn't buy one, but I wouldn't bust the chops of anyone that did :)

OP
OP
Dan9908

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
Car enthusiast = no Prius

they’re fantastic cars... but generally not a car that an Si owner or a 2.0 owner would likely buy!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Car enthusiast = no Prius

they’re fantastic cars... but generally not a car that an Si owner or a 2.0 owner would likely buy!
LOL, yes that's correct!

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
LOL, yes that's correct!
I'm going to take some flack for this, but Prius is actually a very nice car. It is well built, very roomy, is a technological marvel, actually drives very well, gets amazing gas mileage, and is built to last (the batteries are not of course). I wouldn't buy one, but I wouldn't bust the chops of anyone that did :)
You'll never catch me saying it... But you arent wrong! Its not a bad place to be, inside a prius.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Actually, the best response would be:

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your new car!

*****OR*****

Just say nothing. Silence can be a virtue if one has nothing nice to say
I agree completely; those would be appropriate responses. Also, totally off topic, but: I'm trying to figure out how you quoted my text...under another user's name ("Jeremiah T" - whoever that is). It's kind of amazing.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
When it comes to refinement and luxury, the Accord is most definitely a step up compared to the Civic, no question about it. All that really matters is the OP is happy with their purchase. I can see why some Si owners might get upset about it and take that as a slap in the face - "How dare you trade away the Si. It's the most bestest car everrrrrr!!!" Simple truth is there are many, many different cars to choose from. No reason not to try as many as you can - that's what I do :)
Sponsored