Traded the Si last Saturday...

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
Last Friday I inquired on a 2019 Accord Sport 2.0/A10 that was on a showroom floor. I included what I wanted to pay for the Accord along with what I wanted for the Si. The GM state’s he could beat what I requested and I set an appointment for Saturday morning. In at 9, out by 11:30 with the Accord.

Knowing my Si was perfect, I knew they were getting a perfect car that they didn’t even have to wash or vacuum. I was given $20,500 for the trade. The Si was certified and posted by Monday morning on their site, for $23,900. It sold by Tuesday afternoon, dont know the selling price.

The Accord is just a pleasure to drive. Size, comfort, power, 10spd, tech, style... love it. Wish I had gone this route when I bought the Si... but they weren’t discounting the 2.0T’s that much last year, and I will not buy a CVT again (owned a 2017 Accord Sport).
Sponsored

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Sweet ride, hope it treats you well! :thumbsup:

DieNasti

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I will not buy a CVT again (owned a 2017 Accord Sport).

Congrats on the Accord. Love the front end on those cars.

Curious as to why you won't get a CVT again. I ask because I have a 2017 Accord Sport currently and although I really like the car at times it's so boring to drive. Wonder if that's your reasoning as well.

OP
OP
Dan9908

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The CVT, to me, is awful. While they may be reliable, durable and contribute to decent fuel mileage- I just do not like the lack of actual shifting. The floating rpm, especially when passing, blows.

seeing that you also have a 17 Sport- I’ll say this: while that car is a very nicely proportioned, designed and engineered car- the 2019 shows how far the 10th gen has advanced. When alone, the 9.5 is nice... put it next to a 10 and you’ll understand what I’m saying... something as inconsequential as the sound of the door closing is noticeable. Details such as that- along with the hp/tq of the 2.0, LED lighting, interior design, crazy room (both interior and trunk), Sensing, LKAS and adaptive cruise control, it’s unbelievable that Honda sells these for $26-27k.

The wheel design is (IMHO) one of the nicest looking OEM wheels that are manufactured (hence the high theft rate).

not detracting from the Si at all- it was fun, decently powered, great looking and surprisingly affordable- but for me, the 2.0 Sport is class leading in every way.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Question, why'd you go from SI to accord?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I was actually looking for a used Accord Sport V6 (wanted to go back to a V6, the Honda 3.5L being amongst one of the best) but ended up buying a very clean 2010 IS350 Sport with low miles (52K). Anyway congrats.

BTW, it would be a natural progression going from an Si to an Accord Sport, especially if you are a Honda buyer and realize you need something more comfortable and roomy with a bit of an edge...in other words I'm not old yet!

DieNasti

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
The CVT, to me, is awful. While they may be reliable, durable and contribute to decent fuel mileage- I just do not like the lack of actual shifting. The floating rpm, especially when passing, blows.

something as inconsequential as the sound of the door closing is noticeable.
Agree on all your CVT points. The lack of shift is what makes it boring for me.

It's funny you mention the door thing as I've always felt like my front passenger door sounds different when I close it, almost a hollow sound to it.

cafecito820

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
not detracting from the Si at all- it was fun, decently powered, great looking and surprisingly affordable- but for me, the 2.0 Sport is class leading in every way.
Sounds like your wild youth and maturing sensibilities struck an... accord? :cool:

Congrats on the new ride man. When I decide to get old someday, I may look at one of those now. It's sexy!

OP
OP
Dan9908

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
2018 Si sedan, Aegean blue... 10k miles

my recent cars have been:
04 TL
17 Accord Sport Sedan
17 Scatpack Charger
18 Si
19 Accord Sport

I’ve been fortunate to enjoy each car and move on with negligible financial impact. Having a bit of foresight in the market helps too.

Danimal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
2018 Si sedan, Aegean blue... 10k miles

my recent cars have been:
04 TL
17 Accord Sport Sedan
17 Scatpack Charger
18 Si
19 Accord Sport

I’ve been fortunate to enjoy each car and move on with negligible financial impact. Having a bit of foresight in the market helps too.
What is sales tax in your area? I suppose you only pay sales tax on the value minus trade? Either way, with fees plus depreciation I’d assume swapping cars that often would be expensive, no?

Joesterslim

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe Rally Red, 1992 Honda Accord EX
Country flag
You gave up the better handling, louder stereo, gas mileage and LSD for a bigger back seat... congrats
If you happened to get the automatic 10speed, thats a CVT btw

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dan9908

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You gave up the better handling, louder stereo, gas mileage and LSD for a bigger back seat... congrats
If you happened to get the automatic 10speed, thats a CVT btw
k

and you’re wrong regarding the A10 bud... but I recognize the hate
Sponsored