Trade in si for type r or upgrade?

Hondagang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic si
Country flag
Just as the title says should i trade in my 2020 si for a type r in 2 years or should i spend money upgrading the si to hopefully 250-300hp. Just bought the si and not really happy with its power.
Sponsored

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had my 2020 Si and wasn’t happy with power either even with the Phearable 1.5 tune. I just recently upgrade to a 2020 type r and it’s met all my expectations and is everything I was hoping for it to be. I just felt that after doing bolt on and changing the clutch amd getting a custom tune I would just be at the R’s power level but always be worried about reliability. Plus I wasn’t happy with the Si’s power band. Mid range was nice forsure but the top end flat out sucked. I really liked my Si but the R is just better in every way and it just feels so much more special. I say go for the R.

OP
OP
Hondagang

Hondagang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic si
Country flag
I had my 2020 Si and wasn’t happy with power either even with the Phearable 1.5 tune. I just recently upgrade to a 2020 type r and it’s met all my expectations and is everything I was hoping for it to be. I just felt that after doing bolt on and changing the clutch amd getting a custom tune I would just be at the R’s power level but always be worried about reliability. Plus I wasn’t happy with the Si’s power band. Mid range was nice forsure but the top end flat out sucked. I really liked my Si but the R is just better in every way and it just feels so much more special. I say go for the R.
Yeah just how i feel. Like if i do a lot of crazy shit to it itll cost 10k or more but be less reliable but 10k is the difference between the si and the type r so itd be better to get the type r. Only thing is i just started financing the si and my dealer cousin said its better to wait 2 years till i trade it in. Thats my predicament im impatient but if i mess with it ill void the warranty and might make it unreliable.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Not really make it unreliable, but unsalable to a lot of customers who would think that. You’re going to take a loss, either way. Talk to the dealer about trading in and re-financing, but they’ll rake you over the coals if you don’t pay attention to the numbers…

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Yes.

OP
OP
Hondagang

Hondagang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic si
Country flag
Not really make it unreliable, but unsalable to a lot of customers who would think that. You’re going to take a loss, either way. Talk to the dealer about trading in and re-financing, but they’ll rake you over the coals if you don’t pay attention to the numbers…
My cousin works at a dealership i told her if they get a type r to hook me me up. She hooked my brother up who was getting frd in the ass paying 40k with interest for a 2016 accord now hes paying a lot less interest for a 2020 wrx

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Those numbers astound me. I hate losing money so much I won’t even trade my Civic in for a CR-V, which would be easier on my back! ?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
40k for an Accord? What did he buy, a solid gold paint job? I'm guessing he's massively upside down now regardless.

OP
OP
Hondagang

Hondagang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic si
Country flag
40k for an Accord? What did he buy, a solid gold paint job? I'm guessing he's massively upside down now regardless.
He had shitty credit so he went to one of those places that didnt care about ur credit. He was paying like 26% interest. Now he pays like 10% for a newer car.
Sponsored