Trade in CVT Hatchback for an Si Sedan?

HatchorNada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic Hatch
I got a 17 hatch I plan on keeping for a decade. I don't trade in cars like used underwear. And how many of those keep holey versions of those/ I reset my case.
Sponsored

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Yes, I have the Si Coupe for weekends and fun days and have the CVT hatch for everyday driving and the utility of a hatch but I’m finding that I drive the Si so much more. When I do take the CVT, I find myself thinking of the Si.

My son’s car (2006 TSX) was recently totaled after an electrical fire in the trunk area so he will be driving my Si coupe. This is why I’m thinking about trading in my CVT Hatch for the Si Sedan.
for sure trade that CVT piece of crap in for the SI

ycehcky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I didn't realize you already had an Si coupe. I feel like having 2 Sis seems silly, maybe trade both in on an R. That way you still have the hatch capabilities.

GODSBEST00

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 10th Gen
Is the 2019 worth waiting for? I was thinking I could beat up the dealer on the 2018. The price above was what they gave me over the phone.

I’m hoping to get the 2018 Si for $22,500 and get my CVT trade up to $19,000
The dealer will always make money. Tell them you want an even trade. Make sure they know you’re serious even if they look at you like you’re crazy. Stick to your guns until the general sales manager comes out to greet you and to tell you there’s nothing else they can do then go from there. Also, have an excuse as to why you can’t do it the same day like waiting to verify with your bank or wife or mom. Just have a back up plan to get out from making the deal if it doesn’t feel right to you.

SilverCivicAZ

First Name
Devlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar Silver Metallic Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I recently traded my 2017 hatch ex cvt for a 2018 Si and I got 19,000 for trade. My hatch had 21,900 miles on it. I was able to get the Si for 22,800 before T,T,L.
Sponsored