kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
My CTR unfortunately was one of the ones with the transmission/clutch issues with notchy shifting and 2nd gear crunch. A known issue stated on this forum. Another reason why I dumped it. More than happy with seamless shifts after the challenges I went through with the CTR. Funny how you're crapping on Auto tranny's knowing that there are issues with the CTR tranny. For those of you that respect others choices, I still miss the drive the Type R exhibited.
its all personal opinion when its all said and done, I have friends that have owned the rs3 and have said its complete shit and boring and I have had friends with type R that have traded back over to automatics...just depends on how you like to drive.
Sponsored

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Country flag
33k with 14k on the odometer. Purchased a 2017 Audi RS-3. Loved the CTR, but realized I'm better off with AWD for here in the Northeast. Plus, with a simple tune and a few other add-ons, you're in Supercar Territory performance wise with the RS-3. Mine is Tango Red with an Armytrix exhaust. Sounds menacing. I'm not completely shutting the door on another CTR if Honda ever comes out with an AWD option.
Props on the rs3, I've always had my eye on them. Thoughts on the powertrain? Any know issues with that 5 cylinder yet or they're too new?

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
its all personal opinion when its all said and done, I have friends that have owned the rs3 and have said its complete shit and boring and I have had friends with type R that have traded back over to automatics...just depends on how you like to drive.
Congrats on the RS3. If I can find a Nardo Grey one with the options I want there's a high probability I'll be trading in my R with 2300 miles on it.

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
Congrats on the RS3. If I can find a Nardo Grey one with the options I want there's a high probability I'll be trading in my R with 2300 miles on it.
Are these two commonly cross-shopped?

Given the price difference I would think an m2 Vs rs3 would be the more common cross shop?

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
Do you guys live in states with no tax and license? I can't imagine the negative equity, plus more tax, plus the price difference between a CTR and RS3. Used the Audi goes for over $55k. Thats at least $15k more than a new CTR. It costs about $5500 in tax here in Ca to buy a new CTR. Couldn't imagine selling after 1 year

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Lol at people still saying they’d come back if it goes AWD. That’s like saying I’ll buy a corvette when it goes AWD.

Not going to happen you clearly don’t understand what a type r is or it’s heritage.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn't get an RS3 lol I drove one, its nice and all but I prefer the Type R hands down.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol at people still saying they’d come back if it goes AWD. That’s like saying I’ll buy a corvette when it goes AWD.

Not going to happen you clearly don’t understand what a type r is or it’s heritage.
well to be fair they said the same thing about corvettes going mid engine..and here we are now with a mid engine C8 unveiling next month lol.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
well to be fair they said the same thing about corvettes going mid engine..and here we are now with a mid engine C8 unveiling next month lol.
If they make the CTR awd I think they will lose as many customers like myself as they will gain with monster swag wearing subaru owners. So probably a wash but the Type-R name will be ruined forever

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
If they make the CTR awd I think they will lose as many customers like myself as they will gain with monster swag wearing subaru owners. So probably a wash but the Type-R name will be ruined forever
I don't know how I feel about the idea of an AWD Type R but I've wanted a Corvette since I was a kid and I have no interest in the mid engine version. I guess there will always be people that like one way better than another

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why doesn’t the CTR have AWD, dual clutch transmission and run 3.9 or faster 0-60 omg gotta show them stop light warriors what’s up.

Yea you got the wrong car

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I understand your point of view, I personally wouldn't be opposed to seeing an awd civic type R but at the same time I'm not longing for it. I'm perfectly happy with what we have.

MYTYPE

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Props on the rs3, I've always had my eye on them. Thoughts on the powertrain? Any know issues with that 5 cylinder yet or they're too new?
Before purchasing I did some research through an engineer buddy of mine. The block and drive train in his opinion are overengineered. The block can handle 1000 HP + safely. Once you get going, the Quattro system defaults to a more rear-biased torque split program for better power delivery when cornering. The only weak point would be the axles when launching with over 800HP. However, that can be upgraded from stock. Daily driver, weekend racer.
Sponsored