Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
This thread got derailed with a quickness lol.
Sponsored

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
2017 PMM, 6000 miles and never seen rain.
Showroom condition and was offered $33k trade.

Back on topic, lmao

MYTYPE

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m going to straight up call bullshit on this- I’d be interested to see the engineering analysis behind figuring the block or drivetrain can handle 1000+ HP. Did your friend disassemble the block and drive train? What exactly did he test? What did he measure? What did he analyze and how?

Stock drivetrain can handle 1000+ hp... LOL.
Ok. FIrst RS3 to 1000HP. Broke the drive shaft and ran in FWD only. Confirms our analysis.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes, one car is definitely substantial evidence. Tell us, how daily driven was this car? Not at all? And it kept breaking? Awesome.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
But thanks for confirming there was no actual research done into the car besides YouTube videos.. LOL

And if YouTube has taught me anything over the years, no one ever bullshits anything on the internet and everyone always provides full details behind every video they post and never leave key details out...

MYTYPE

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
But thanks for confirming there was no actual research done into the car besides YouTube videos.. LOL

And if YouTube has taught me anything over the years, no one ever bullshits anything on the internet and everyone always provides full details behind every video they post and never leave key details out...
Listen, I don't want to get into a pissing match with you, too old for that. I loved the Type R. As does every body else on here that is proud of their vehicle. I simply was stating what I traded my Type R in for, and the reasons why. I'm in the Northeast, wanted AWD, and something thrilling. I never crapped on the CTR, it's a great car. You offered a slew of negative comments on my decision. For what the Type R is, and for the money, you get a lot. But it's not a solution for all. To me it's a great handling summer car that offers great value. Saying it's a track car is kind of funny as most don't even track it. You can't compare it to the RS-3, the Audi is in another category. I bought it used in the high 40's, no sales tax in NH. For what I got it for, people have almost paid the same amount for a new CTR, some actually have. I like coming here and will continue to visit the site as a CTR fan. Just enjoy your ride man, and remember, it's still a 35k Civic at the end of the day.

sdotchen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Just dropped off my car with Carvana. To share my experience: this past Sunday I just entered my info on the Carvana website, and I received a quote for $34.5K about an hour later. I scheduled an appointment for the following Thursday. The Carvana pickup guy came to my place, inspected the car for a couple minutes, handed me the check for the quoted amount, and I signed some paper work. The whole visit lasted about 10 minutes. I couldn't believe how simple and easy it was. I did shop around (Carmax offered $32K, some local mom & pops offered around $33K). Overall I'm pretty happy with the experience, both my time with the CTR and the sale. My car was a 2018 crystal black metallic with 4,000 miles on it. I owned it for 2 years, but didn't have the opportunity to drive much (that plus I got a sick deal on an E39 M5). Given that I paid about $1K over MSRP when I originally purchased the car new, and I didn't do anything to/spend any money on the car other than one oil change at the dealer, I can live with the cost of ownership over the 2 years I owned the CTR.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Just dropped off my car with Carvana. To share my experience: this past Sunday I just entered my info on the Carvana website, and I received a quote for $34.5K about an hour later. I scheduled an appointment for the following Thursday. The Carvana pickup guy came to my place, inspected the car for a couple minutes, handed me the check for the quoted amount, and I signed some paper work. The whole visit lasted about 10 minutes. I couldn't believe how simple and easy it was. I did shop around (Carmax offered $32K, some local mom & pops offered around $33K). Overall I'm pretty happy with the experience, both my time with the CTR and the sale. My car was a 2018 crystal black metallic with 4,000 miles on it. I owned it for 2 years, but didn't have the opportunity to drive much (that plus I got a sick deal on an E39 M5). Given that I paid about $1K over MSRP when I originally purchased the car new, and I didn't do anything to/spend any money on the car other than one oil change at the dealer, I can live with the cost of ownership over the 2 years I owned the CTR.
I have number 141 its a 2017. I bought it june 19th 2017 before most dealers had even seen one. My R is still 6 days shy of being two years old. How is your 2018 two years old?

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
..and remember, it's still a 35k Civic at the end of the day.
I know. I get butterflies in my stomach and a big smile on my face when I think about how affordable it is. It's the best part about the CTR, for me.
Sponsored