sigomez

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R; Lexus RX350
Country flag
Curious if anyone in the forums trade in their Civic Type R? What value did you get and what did you end up getting?
Sponsored

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Dealer probably gonna turn that around to $37k sale price -_-
Lol, a bay area dealer tried to sell me a used one, 2018 with 5k miles for 3k over msrp. This was like 2 months ago.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Lol, a bay area dealer tried to sell me a used one, 2018 with 5k miles for 3k over msrp. This was like 2 months ago.
I test drove a used one before I got my new (one). $39k. Had a scrape on the front splitter, though I think it had an aftermarket intake from the sound of it (should've open the engine bay). The added possibility that the previous owner might've hooned the car makes it even less worth it, even if I could get the price lower.

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
I test drove a used one before I got my new (one). $39k. Had a scrape on the front splitter, though I think it had an aftermarket intake from the sound of it (should've open the engine bay). The added possibility that the previous owner might've hooned the car makes it even less worth it, even if I could get the price lower.
Funny thing is the dealer I had still wouldn't let ppl test drive a used one. I bit the bullet and bought without a test drive. But, when i got into the car and drove it off the lot, I could tell I was going to like this car a lot. I also came from a WRX so it was a major upgrade for me. I think I paid about the same as you for my CTR since it was 2k over msrp.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I shunned away from a couple of used ones precisely for the peace of mind that a new one was not much more but with far fewer unknown miles.

MYTYPE

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
33k with 14k on the odometer. Purchased a 2017 Audi RS-3. Loved the CTR, but realized I'm better off with AWD for here in the Northeast. Plus, with a simple tune and a few other add-ons, you're in Supercar Territory performance wise with the RS-3. Mine is Tango Red with an Armytrix exhaust. Sounds menacing. I'm not completely shutting the door on another CTR if Honda ever comes out with an AWD option.

MYTYPE

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah, but... Automatic. :puke:
My CTR unfortunately was one of the ones with the transmission/clutch issues with notchy shifting and 2nd gear crunch. A known issue stated on this forum. Another reason why I dumped it. More than happy with seamless shifts after the challenges I went through with the CTR. Funny how you're crapping on Auto tranny's knowing that there are issues with the CTR tranny. For those of you that respect others choices, I still miss the drive the Type R exhibited.

rnh204

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #8445 | 2010 Porsche 911 GT3RS (Track Car) | 2014 Infiniti QX80 (Family Tow Car) | 2013 Trailex CT-84180 (Trailer)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been offered $30K on my CW 2018 with 22k. To trade in on a GT4

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
My CTR unfortunately was one of the ones with the transmission/clutch issues with notchy shifting and 2nd gear crunch. A known issue stated on this forum. Another reason why I dumped it. More than happy with seamless shifts after the challenges I went through with the CTR. Funny how you're crapping on Auto tranny's knowing that there are issues with the CTR tranny. For those of you that respect others choices, I still miss the drive the Type R exhibited.
Did you try replacing the transmission fluid with GMSMFM? Because it's a $46 fix for the transmission, that has worked in every Honda and Acura manual transmission since the start of time. Manual transmission grinds are nothing new in any Honda or Acura. Hell, even my 1992 Civic Si hatch would grind, until I swapped the fluid out. I'd be more surprised if a Honda transmission isn't grinding.

I don't mean to bust your balls (I hope I don't sound like I am), but there seems to be an inherent fear on this forum to use the GM fluid. Sounds sacrilegious, but it really isn't.

I don't have the grind issues myself, but I'm going to replace the fluid anyway, in short order. Just haven't had time with 527384 other things happening in life right now.

I considered an RS3 also... Couldn't get over the Spartan interior, or the transmission choice. It's a cool car and I definitely have respect for it... Just not for me.

xABNINx

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - 2019
Country flag
Did you try replacing the transmission fluid with GMSMFM? Because it's a $46 fix for the transmission, that has worked in every Honda and Acura manual transmission since the start of time. Manual transmission grinds are nothing new in any Honda or Acura. Hell, even my 1992 Civic Si hatch would grind, until I swapped the fluid out. I'd be more surprised if a Honda transmission isn't grinding.

I don't mean to bust your balls (I hope I don't sound like I am), but there seems to be an inherent fear on this forum to use the GM fluid. Sounds sacrilegious, but it really isn't.

I don't have the grind issues myself, but I'm going to replace the fluid anyway, in short order. Just haven't had time with 527384 other things happening in life right now.

I considered an RS3 also... Couldn't get over the Spartan interior, or the transmission choice. It's a cool car and I definitely have respect for it... Just not for me.
Changing fluid helps? I have a 2019 and my second gear grinds.

Sorry to hijack....

MYTYPE

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag

Changed the fluid to Amsoil Synchromesh. I had the 4th gear lockout too, that seemed to diminish a little bit. Yet still, shifting during a spirited drive was never enjoyable. Sorry to be edgy, when I go back and think of the challenges I had with that tranny, I just wasn't expecting that to happen in a car everyone was waiting years for to be released. I loved everything else about it. Would do it again with a few refinements and AWD.
Sponsored