Traction issues...

Metalslug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback ex
Country flag
So, with all seasons in winter and now in spring....ive have this car fish tail pretty ba,. 2017 ex hatch. The car just seems really light in the rear. What tire wheel combo fir better traction/grip would be best? Ive researched and it seems for spring through fall a summer tire and winter a dedicated winter tire. But im also wondering if anyone has had these issues? If so what made it better?
Sponsored

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
have you had an alignment recently? a fwd car shouldnt be loose in the rear on stock suspension and all seasons.

is the car getting loose while braking into a turn or when lifting off throttle in a turn?

OP
OP

Metalslug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback ex
Country flag
have you had an alignment recently? a fwd car shouldnt be loose in the rear on stock suspension and all seasons.

is the car getting loose while braking into a turn or when lifting off throttle in a turn?
You know what...no i haven't. But curiously enough my father in law has same year sedan and he would tell me stories like these...of bad handling. I just thought he had cheap tires. And his was new if the year back then pn a lease. He purchased better tires and still he kept saying that. Not until i just got my hatch and boom!...but ill take it in for a check.

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
fwd cars tend to understeer. not oversteer.

if you are locking up the rear wheels while hard braking in a turn, the rear can get loose.

or suddenly lifting off throttle while taking a fast turn can destabilize the weight on all 4 tires and cause oversteer. you are shifting too much weight to the front tires.

or your alignment is just off.

OP
OP

Metalslug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback ex
Country flag
fwd cars tend to understeer. not oversteer.

if you are locking up the rear wheels while hard braking in a turn, the rear can get loose.

or suddenly lifting off throttle while taking a fast turn can destabilize the weight on all 4 tires and cause oversteer. you are shifting too much weight to the front tires.

or your alignment is just off.
Yeah, I want to see if these issues resolve before I go forward with any mods. I never had this issue with other FWD cars so its new to me. Thanks for all the input, appreciate it.
Sponsored