Pearl.FC2

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX Sedan (6MT)
Country flag
UPDATE: So I realized I forgot a couple things and also I want to talk about what I have and plan to do before the next track day (January 8th).
so first thing, I’m not going to bother getting the wheels powercoated until track season is up, I can use that 700 dollars elsewhere Instead of something that is purely cosmetic. My main reason I don’t like it is that jt looks tacky but it works so it’s fine.

The actual update:
So because of the weaknesses of the last track day, I was able to look at what can be improved both driver wise and car wise. The cars major weaknesses right now are Tires and Brakes. I need stickier tires because the oversteer and understeer was crazy, and I need brakes that have a little bit more bite and are less prone to brake fade.
As for tires, I got a set of Falken Azenis RT615k+ a very affordable and reliable 200tw and the improvements just street driving are insane. Tire size is 255/40/17
34C0D6D7-00EA-4DC0-BA01-319653A1FC5A.jpeg

These should help with grip and be a very affordable option as they are rated as an endurance 200tw.
As for brakes I have yet to install them just yet as the holidays are making it a bit more difficult, those will probably wait until the first week of the year. But for what I got, I got stoptech Slotted and coated rotors, hawk performance HP+ pads for the front and hawks HPS 5.0 for the rears.
02CACFEF-6B40-4FC8-BB55-4DDCF28BEF36.jpeg

also once I fix the rear ride height it’s going in to get its alignment, I haven’t decided what I’m going to do for everything yet, but when I do the alignment I will update y’all on my specs.
F62112E3-716A-4A1D-A69F-6CFE48E4391D.jpeg

here’s an up to date photo of it with the new tires, not much has changed. I will update y’all when the brakes and alignment get done!
So here is a quick update. Track day was a success and I’ll try to post the proper track day update tonight as I gotta edit and post the video for it.

Brake install went well, I was worried it would be a lot more difficult because of the electric parking brake, and forums were getting me worried that it would mess up my parking brake, but it all went fine. Just followed a YouTube tutorial on a Honda crv and it was simple. Also did a brake fluid bleed to make sure there were not any bubbles from the previous track day. Once again, using my go to Motul RBF 600, haven’t had any issues using and hasn’t boiled over even with 1000 degree brakes.

We broke in the brakes that night and they caught fire for a second (just burning the paint off the pad and rotor) but were glowing red, but I never experienced brake fade in the process so things seemed to have worked.
Honda Civic 10th gen Track/time attack base model sedan 9A54B2A2-C46A-41F2-9122-17E324747CBB
Honda Civic 10th gen Track/time attack base model sedan A3B1DE3E-4499-4426-A23E-788D25634180
Honda Civic 10th gen Track/time attack base model sedan 3DE94C98-DEF1-4833-B9A9-A53998D3BFA4

OP
OP
Pearl.FC2

Pearl.FC2

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX Sedan (6MT)
Country flag
So I’ve been kind of lazy, I won’t lie. Don’t worry, I didn’t abandon tracking the car, just got lazy with recording and making posts. I will take some time to go through and add in all updates to today. Thank yall