Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
Do you use temporary paint protection film/wrap/tape for the track to protect against paint damage (rocks, pebbles, rubber chunks hitting the body work at high speed)?

I have a regular (non-temporary) PPF wrapping the front fascia/headlights and the black gloss trim (not including the hood and fenders). And I'm debating whether I should use a temporary wrap like XPel TrackWrap and Track Amour. The issue is the front facia of the Type R is overwrought and a pain to wrap and unwrap for each event. I'm inclined to just let the regular PPF get damaged and change it every couple of years.

Or may be cover fewer areas that get the most damage. In your experience, which parts of the Type R get the most track damage?
Sponsored

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Full frontal Xpel PPF. Seems to have been more than sufficient for my various off track explorations. Temporary stuff might help clean up the car afterwards, but I've yet to get any chip damage that I've found.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Full front XPel PPF including R badge, all trim, fogs, headlights, aluminium hood, b-pillars, lower sides, and the rear arches. Sure helps as there is a lot of rubber and crud flying around while on track.
Sponsored