samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
You managed to boil RBF600? How old was the fluid and what track are you on?
Fluid was fresh, was done a few weeks before the track event. Track was Laguna Seca.

I think mine has the opposite, after putting NT01 275/A052 265 and P3 it takes more force to get to the ABS trigger point. P3 does pretty good for the first 2 track days but after that it takes more and more force to get it break. Lasted about 4 track days with some meat left but useless already. Now switching to the R5 pads and will see how it hold up on my next track day.
Okay then it seems like the issue I'm having is definitely related to tire compound. My PS4S's aren't grippy enough to utilize the brakes (hence ABS being triggered just breathing on the pedal). Never thought the amount of grip between a 300TW and a 200TW tire would be that different.. Type R's on 200TW tires were only a second ahead of me on track so that lead me to believe the grip isn't that different. :dunno:

RBF600 is pretty weak sauce.

This car definitely needs Endless RF650 or Castrol SRF. The P3 pads are definitely more oriented as a street pad that you can track. I’d recommend moving to a more aggressive pad.
Because of the ABS issue, I think if I want to move up to an aggressive pad, I'll have to upgrade my tire compound too. It's either that or I just need not push the car so much at the track :confused: Currently, my PS4S's have a lot of tread left so it'd be waste to swap compounds now..

Regarding fluid, my other friend recommended me both of those as well. Both are pretty expensive but I heard Castrol SRF lasts a lot longer than other racing brake fluid so it evens out financially. Did you run into boiling issues when you ran RBF600? I actually don't see too many posts about boiling so it might just be my terrible driving too. :confused1:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Fluid was fresh, was done a few weeks before the track event. Track was Laguna Seca.

Okay then it seems like the issue I'm having is definitely related to tire compound. My PS4S's aren't grippy enough to utilize the brakes (hence ABS being triggered just breathing on the pedal). Never thought the amount of grip between a 300TW and a 200TW tire would be that different.. Type R's on 200TW tires were only a second ahead of me on track so that lead me to believe the grip isn't that different. :dunno:

Because of the ABS issue, I think if I want to move up to an aggressive pad, I'll have to upgrade my tire compound too. It's either that or I just need not push the car so much at the track :confused: Currently, my PS4S's have a lot of tread left so it'd be waste to swap compounds now..

Regarding fluid, my other friend recommended me both of those as well. Both are pretty expensive but I heard Castrol SRF lasts a lot longer than other racing brake fluid so it evens out financially. Did you run into boiling issues when you ran RBF600? I actually don't see too many posts about boiling so it might just be my terrible driving too. :confused1:
Laguna are where brakes go to die and your setup is inadequate for the track, weight and power of the vehicle.

You can run the R5 compound just fine even on the 4S tire. I highly recommend Endless fluid as it is IMO the best available