wags

First Name
cort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, BMW i8, Porsche 918, RUF CTR 3, Ferrari F12 TDF
Country flag
I have Michelin P4s in 265/30-19 on a 19x9.5 rim. Was at Mid Ohio on Friday and at 47psi hot, tires were very greasy. The sweet spot I found for those, on that day was 42 front, 39 rear. Temp was around 75-77, dry track. The car didn't go above the normal driving temperature(halfway)the entire day. Ran 4-30 min sessions and 1 20 min session.
Another Type R was there, and got the rev matching error when he got low on fuel.
What wheel did you use for the 19x9.5, offset? any rubbing? I can't find wheels with the right offset for the Michelin to fit, thx
Sponsored

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Enkei RM9. It is from Tire Rack. +45 offset
No rubbing with the 265/30 at all. The closer to stick size is 265/35 . But at the time i bought them, i didnt want to chance that they would rub on the track, as not many people had aftermarket rims and tires at that time.
I might go with 275/30 next. Take out the strut tower alignment bolt and get about another 1/2 degree negative camber.

wags

First Name
cort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, BMW i8, Porsche 918, RUF CTR 3, Ferrari F12 TDF
Country flag
I have the Enkei RM9. It is from Tire Rack. +45 offset
No rubbing with the 265/30 at all. The closer to stick size is 265/35 . But at the time i bought them, i didnt want to chance that they would rub on the track, as not many people had aftermarket rims and tires at that time.
I might go with 275/30 next. Take out the strut tower alignment bolt and get about another 1/2 degree negative camber.
Thank you, good thoughts, I am surprised a 45 offset doesn't rub on Michelin, tire is big, especially the cup II...which is how I want to go. Your car is stock height, right?

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes it is.

PepsiJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’d like to take my car to a track, but I’m not sure what I’m in for to do so. From talking to one track, they say it’s best to come out with a club on the weekend; otherwise they have requirements for harnesses, roll bars, etc. which don’t come with the stock setup of course.

I’m mostly looking for a safer and legal environment to push the car and see what it can do. Any suggestions? I’m in the Orange County California area.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
I like doing events with Speedventures.

They offer a lot of events within a few hours drive of OC & LA. I find them to be well organized and reasonably priced. Tempted to drive at their Chuckwalla event next weekend.
Sponsored