tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I hated myself for not having the rock guards sooner. Don’t be like me, install them ASAP.
I got some installed, it's too late, but it'll stop stuff from forming. Plus the side skirts are coated with dirty water after driving in rain. Double plus since my legs/pants tend to brush against them on my way out (short leg/short person problems).

red_clay

First Name
joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r, 2019 subaru outback, 2013 jeep wrangler
Country flag
Hell no haha. I knew from searching around the web that Enkei makes 9.5" width so I just called them up and told them what I needed and they were really helpful in finding it for me. The thing about tirerack is you have to sometimes look under different car models to find the unique sizes.
Hey I've seen those wheels around and I think I'm going to get those as well. What made you chose those tires, why are they loud?

OP
OP
Mike_R19

Mike_R19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 Type R, '05 Corvette Z51, '10 128i
Country flag
Hey I've seen those wheels around and I think I'm going to get those as well. What made you chose those tires, why are they loud?
I got these tires knowing I would be tracking the car. I still use the stock wheels and tires when I'm just casually driving and keep the other set just for the track. As far as the noise, could be because its an aggressive sidewall with 200 treadwear but I'm not really sure. I wouldn't worry about it because RE71r's are meant for track work and not trotting along on a freeway.

red_clay

First Name
joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r, 2019 subaru outback, 2013 jeep wrangler
Country flag
I got these tires knowing I would be tracking the car. I still use the stock wheels and tires when I'm just casually driving and keep the other set just for the track. As far as the noise, could be because its an aggressive sidewall with 200 treadwear but I'm not really sure. I wouldn't worry about it because RE71r's are meant for track work and not trotting along on a freeway.
I see thanks, What tire would you recommend for those wheels for every day driving? I already bent my front 2 stock wheels on some bad road work and am thinking of using those wheels, just don't know what tires yet.

ilyarti_fa5_fk8

First Name
Ilya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FA5, FK8
Country flag
Drop looks good, do you notice any rubbing?
I want to say that a052's are very wide tires in comparison with other brands and 40 profile is not a 35 :). I cut rear fenders plastic a little (stock rear camber arms) - it rubs lightly only if baggage in the trunk. Front - here you will need to add some camber to have at least -3. I made it by myself. Just cut oem ball joints. But I suggest to buy hardrace or something like this. Pyrometer says that -4 will be good. Now I have 265-40 on the front and need -4 camber for sure. My fender liners are absent partially :)

I think 265-35 tires on this will give nice performance and no rubbing.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
bringing this back..lol. How are these holding up? Ive bent some of the most stiffest and expensive wheels on track lately, looking at these TSV. These are on the cheap side but I trust Enkei more than other cheap wheels lol.
Sponsored