GreenMachineGTE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Seeking advice from some of you guys that are tracking in high temperatures (80+ Degrees). I'm one of the many that is now battling the ever creeping temp gauge on the dash! On my last track excursion I glanced down at the gauge only to notice that it was beginning to creep from the happy 40ish% range up toward the 60% range. The car never went into limp mode, and ambient temps were between 80-86 degrees. It would cool fairly quickly on the straights but begin creeping again under hard cornering. My car is already equipped with an HKS oil cooler, PRL HVI, PRL HVDP, PRL Mid Pipe, PRL Intercooler and Remark Ti exhaust. I'm also running the Phearable Stage 2 tune. I've just ordered the C&R track radiator and plan on purchasing the PRL PTP black lava turbo blanket, DP elbow, and DP wrap. My primary question here is what are you guys using for coolant? Water and water wetter? Factory Coolant? What is working best for you to keep temps in check?
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
You should add oil coolers and a bigger radiator running more power = more heat. You will have more challenges than a relatively stock vehicle with those adds.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I'm told, by reliable sources, that distilled water is the best coolant. But if you run it pure you will have rusting issues.

Ron21

First Name
Rom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
This is perfect timing lol im about to ask which coolant to use, thanks for the save!

Btw I do use VP racing coolant additive because i cant find water wetter in my local store during that time

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Geez! I want to end the overheating once and for all! Sounds like my purchases aren't gonna do anything...
I wouldnt say that. The C&R is going to be light years better than the Koyo. Will it keep you out there for 20 minutes in the blazing heat without some sort of cool down lap? Probably not, but its gonna be better than being 1 lap on and 1 lap off in your 3rd session like me I bet.
Sponsored