TraceurSteve42's 2020 Sport Hatchback

• Thread starter Deleted member 35383
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 35383

Starting a journal to document the things I've done (and plan to do) with my 2020 Sport Hatchback. As much as I enjoy working on cars, there's still a lot for me to learn and a lot of getting comfortable doing more complicated operations.

Up until now, I've only done the following:

- Changed to LEDs for Lo-Beams
- "Installed" (more like placed) Red Trim Liners for Doors, Console, Cup Holder, etc.
- Black License Plate Frame
- HondaHack Pro w/ TunerViewLite
- Just a note on the version of HondaHack. I read that the $10 version was basically all that was needed for TunerViewLite, but decided to spend the extra money to prevent any future desire to get a pro feature or two. Haven't played with it enough to find out if the extra was worth it, but given I'm using CarPlay almost exclusively I may not see any value with some of those Pro features - oh well.

I have the following coming within the next few days:

- REVi MotorWerks DEPO Smoke Side Markers
- KTuner V1.2

Plan currently is to go for the TSP Stage 1 tune, likely hanging out with Map 1 for a while until I get comfortable with the changes in the car's drive. I do plan a few more upgrades that will make the eventual move to a Map 2 a little more, shall we say, spirited (not in any specific order):

- PRL CAI (Race)
- PRL Front/Down Pipe Upgrades
- PRL Intercooler Upgrade
- Invidia Gemini Titanium Tip Exhaust
- Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs
- Tinting (20%)
- Rally Armor Mudflaps (still on the fence with this one)

For those who look, thanks. I will hopefully get a picture or two of the Civic now to post here as a baseline (not to mention add a Profile pic). I welcome any and all feedback, suggestions, etc. I don't intend to go crazy with upgrades; just something to bring a little more smile to the face as I drive to and from work (100 miles a day).
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 35383

Well, managed to install the side markers and makes my black Sport look slick. Easy install, too. Probably easiest thing Iā€™ve ever installed.

Found out Ktuner wonā€™t make it here until Tuesday. Oh well. Not like Iā€™m going anywhere still.

Tried uploading a photo or two from the iPad but keeps uploading sideways or flipped. Will try to do so later from my computer.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35383

Here's some photos post side marker install. Also taken pre-wash that I did yesterday, so forgive the pollen/dirt.

Honda Civic 10th gen TraceurSteve42's 2020 Sport Hatchback IMG_5330

Honda Civic 10th gen TraceurSteve42's 2020 Sport Hatchback IMG_5332

OP
OP

Deleted member 35383

Alrighty! Now we're cooking! Got the KTuner in the mail today and have synced it up and am waiting the email from TSP with the Stage 1 tune in it. Figured there's no point in flashing to a base tune to reflash within the next day or so. I'm getting very excited though and keep checking my inbox to see; a nice drive sounds fun in this day and age!

Started looking around for other mods and have considered getting the Acuity Short Shifter setup. Seems like an enjoyable goal to have. However, before I go all crazy with any more mods, the next thing on the list is to get Tinting. Looking at 15% all around, likely ceramic. Anyone have any experience with this?

OP
OP

Deleted member 35383

With a quality ceramic tint, % doesn't really matter. My Civic is 35% all around and 90% on the windshield with XPEL brand tint and it rejects heat so well that I don't worry about a windshield reflector screen.

If you like the dark look, get it dark. But you really don't need it if you're spending the money on a quality tint.

Dyed film is pointless and you might as well not even bother.

When I lived in Casselberry, I had TintMan do my Fiesta with Llumar and I thought he did a great job. It had 35 all around and 80 on the windshield and I liked that enough to get a similar setup on the Civic.
Thanks much! I'll have to keep that in mind. I had an old Mazdaspeed back in the day and did 15% all around, but at the time I don't believe Ceramic was an option. I do like it dark, but I also like staying within the laws of Florida - just can't bring myself to have different levels around the car (sans windshield).

Good to know about the front. I haven't bought a screen and would rather not deal with the hassle of that at work each day.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35383

Alright! The TSP Stage 1 made it to my inbox today and managed to get it flashed. Did run into a minor panic at first, as I received an, "Authorization Failed. Click OK to Continue. (3)." Luckily, I did an unplug/replug and checked for the flashing green light, flashed and it was good to go.

Started off with Map 1 after messing with the TunerViewLite setup screen. Took it veeeerrry slowly. First thing I noticed was the lack of Rev Hang. It's one of those things I didn't even notice until it was gone. Had to re-train my foot to get used to it being gone but now that it is, I'm glad.

Everything felt smoother. Spent time driving around the neighborhood looking at the data and getting used to the feel before I took it out on the highway. Monitored everything throughout the drive and the numbers seemed good. Even going "hard" I didn't notice my Throttle going beyond about 35%, so felt like I didn't even scratch the surface of what the tune is capable of. On the way home, did manage to switch to Map 2 and did notice a bit more of a difference, but I think it may have been so minimal to me in the grand scheme it may have been placebo.

Quick numbers I grabbed:
  • STFT - about 6-7% at times but eventually got to 0%
  • LTFT - ran around 10%, which seems normal
  • MAP - don't recall seeing anything over +4, so have some more to play with
  • Knock Control - on a separate drive, did notice it was 7, where previously it was around 5
  • AFR - stuck right around the 14.7
Couple things if anyone is interested in providing some feedback:
  1. Logged via the TunerViewLite on the Headunit for the length of the drive. About 9MB worth of CSV so not a small file. However, nothing apparent for me to be able to download it off the headunit. Wonder if HondaHack has an option for a File Explorer and way for me to download the file off? Otherwise, I couldn't find any way to get the data off easily.

2. I tend to drive in the 2-3k band, where as I remember seeing others talk about 3-4k. Am I just driving like James May or are others pushing it a bit?

3. I'm assuming there's no Bank 2 for STFT/LTFT, since LTFT sat at 100% the whole time and STFT was 67%....

4. Not that I'm even remotely ready yet, but running a TSP Stage 1, if I threw in a Cobra CAI would I need to have the tune modded or would the TSP cover that mod?
All in all, off to a great start and looking forward to adding my miles to the Reliability Survey I've been following for months!