Buriedfriend

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic si coupe
Country flag
Can hondata clear the TPMS light if i get rid of the sensors?
Sponsored

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
Mine's been illuminated since I took it off the lot, tires are 4lbs over what the door sill sticker says.

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
Did you recalibrate?
No, I've meant to take into the stealership to have it fixed, but it's 45 miles up the road. How does one "recalibrate" their TPMS? I've worked with them in Volkswagens and their rigid valve stem concoculations, but I think the Honda uses wheel rotations v.s. tire size to calculate low tire pressure.

OP
OP
Buriedfriend

Buriedfriend

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic si coupe
Country flag
Yeah no need for dealership man. Put them at the correct pressure and then follow this vid.

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah no need for dealership man. Put them at the correct pressure and then follow this vid.

Dude. I was looking at that screen and saw the "fourth page" icon at the bottom and couldn't figure a way to get through that. Dohhhh! Maybe now I'll be able reset my oil interval, LOL! Maybe even my radio presets! :v

OP
OP
Buriedfriend

Buriedfriend

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic si coupe
Country flag
Dude. I was looking at that screen and saw the "fourth page" icon at the bottom and couldn't figure a way to get through that. Dohhhh! Maybe now I'll be able reset my oil interval, LOL! Maybe even my radio presets! :v
Lol

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Our cars do not have sensors in the tires. The TPMS uses the antilock brake system to monitor pressure. It’s kinda weird but it counts rotations of the tire to figure if one is low. So all you have to do is air all the tires up to the proper pressure and recalibrate the system.

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Our cars do not have sensors in the tires. The TPMS uses the antilock brake system to monitor pressure. It’s kinda weird but it counts rotations of the tire to figure if one is low. So all you have to do is air all the tires up to the proper pressure and recalibrate the system.
Roger that! On the Jetta TDI I had TPMS sensors in the wheels; they were a pain in the ass. If you’re not careful while putting air in them you can break them off and have a flat tire in seconds.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Roger that! On the Jetta TDI I had TPMS sensors in the wheels; they were a pain in the ass. If you’re not careful while putting air in them you can break them off and have a flat tire in seconds.
Yeah I found out when I put my rims on. I told the mechanics to swap my sensors out of my stock rims onto my new ones. So they took one tire off the rim and nothing was there. So they asked the supervisor and they told me our TPMS uses the abs system to detect a low tire. So I did a little research myself and sure enough they were right. So when you get new tires you just have to recalibrate the system. The only downfall to this system is it can’t tell you what your pressure is like the sensors can. But you never have to worry about a sensor going bad or battery going out. This video helps explain the system. I know it’s not a civic in the video but it is the exact same system
Sponsored

Last edited: