TPMS reset

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
The indirect TPMS automatically updates nothing. But you could re-calibrate it to 12" wheels/tires or 22".
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nope. For the Display Audio cars, you do it from the touchscreen. For Color Audio cars you do it from the button or the settings screen on the DII. It's all in the manual/guide. Any tire change, rotation, or air fill or what not you should do it after, or will have to do it. The "joy" of indirect TPMS is that you have to mess with this a lot more frequently.

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
Nope. For the Display Audio cars, you do it from the touchscreen. For Color Audio cars you do it from the button or the settings screen on the DII. It's all in the manual/guide. Any tire change, rotation, or air fill or what not you should do it after, or will have to do it. The "joy" of indirect TPMS is that you have to mess with this a lot more frequently.

Thanks for the info....doesn't sound like a great system.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A lot of people really hated the wheel sensors. I'm not among them.

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
Well after spending a ton of time in the digital & hard copy manual, plus playing around wish both the dash display & the 7" screen display, I've come to learn that the Canadian models don't even have the TPMS.
http://www.civicx.com/threads/indirect-tpms-i-didnt-know.875/

It's kind of hilarious that Honda would chinch out on this for the Canadian model. Almost every vehicle on the market in Canada comes standard with the TPMS nowadays. I don't think I've owned a vehicle without it in 15 years or so.

Then again Honda skipped the Homelink garage door opener even on the Touring model.....I didn't even think to check to see if they offered that option. This car is chock a block with technology yet they skipped the basics.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I think this technique of monitoring tire pressure changes is superior to the old pressure sensor system (x psi minimum, with battery mounted to a unique rim, only reprogrammable/correctable at the dealer for $50+). If I understand the system correctly you can use any wheel/tire/air-pressure combination - think they may have to be all the same - and "program' it yourself; no battery, sensor, or dealer charges when you do a changeover or get new tires and you'll get an indication if someone overinflates a tire.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think this technique of monitoring tire pressure changes is superior to the old pressure sensor system
YMMV. I've had three cars with sensors and two with the indirect. The sensors have never caused any issues. (I don't change wheels except if one gets pranged. Changing tires hasn't caused any issues. Our '07 CR-V is going on ten years old and has never had any sensor battery issues; though it may only be a matter of time.) The indirect seems to require frequent intervention to recalibrate and shut the thing up. Our '16 Civic was delivered overinflated--seems every car I buy is--and, once I fixed that, it required two recals to stop it from complaining about being at the door jamb pressure. Direct would have required nothing.

burns_erin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/Sensing
Country flag
I've got the dashboard alert off, but how do you get the yellow envelope off the infotainment?

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
I'm not really familiar with this system since my 08 Accord has direct sensors. Just so I am clear, there is no sensor or band inside the tire. It works off of the speed sensor measuring rotational speed. I'm asking because I plan to swap out my 17 Hatch EX wheels (17") to the Hatch Sport wheels (18"). Any issues with this? Thanks in advance.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I'm not really familiar with this system since my 08 Accord has direct sensors. Just so I am clear, there is no sensor or band inside the tire. It works off of the speed sensor measuring rotational speed. I'm asking because I plan to swap out my 17 Hatch EX wheels (17") to the Hatch Sport wheels (18"). Any issues with this? Thanks in advance.
Yup, you got it.

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I've swapped my stock Sport Touring wheels for some aftermarket wheels. The wheels are the same dimensions, except being just a tiny bit wider than the original (8.0 > 8.5). Now I keep getting a Low Tire Pressure notification that will not go away.

I have already tried calibrating the TPMS through the touchscreen, but the notification resurfaces after about 5-10 miles. I checked my tire pressure and they all sit at the recommended 35 psi. I will try resetting it again tomorrow, but the only thing I can think of is that the sensors were not properly installed in the new wheels once they swapped them.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've swapped my stock Sport Touring wheels for some aftermarket wheels. The wheels are the same dimensions, except being just a tiny bit wider than the original (8.0 > 8.5). Now I keep getting a Low Tire Pressure notification that will not go away.

I have already tried calibrating the TPMS through the touchscreen, but the notification resurfaces after about 5-10 miles. I checked my tire pressure and they all sit at the recommended 35 psi. I will try resetting it again tomorrow, but the only thing I can think of is that the sensors were not properly installed in the new wheels once they swapped them.
There are no sensors, so nothing to be improperly installed. I swapped to aftermarket wheels on my daughter's EX-T which were a half inch wider, and it gave the notification right after the swap as well. It took three times of doing the calibration process before the notification went away permanently.

dcbluetouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Pressing the i button on the steering wheel... the one just below the new style volume slider... should change the display directly in front of you to say "Vehicle Settings" and then press 'Enter" the center button on the left hand side of the steering wheel should then drop into a series of selectable options, the first one selected by default should say "TPMS Calibration". If it is not the default choice use the up and down arrows on the left hand side of the steering wheel to flip through the options and press enter to select it.

Best of luck.
-R
On My 2016 Civic Touring, trial and error result in a fix. Swipe right on the screen, select Settings, select Vehicle, select TPMS, which gives two options RECALCULATE or CANCEL. I selected recalculate and the warning light disappeared.
Sponsored