Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Has anyone with an amp equipped trim managed to succeed having a working aftermarket head unit and to be able to reset maintenance codes? Not trying to spend $1000+ on a multi channel amp and rewiring. I have not been able to find anything concrete that has reported using aftermarket head units outside of the LX and Sport trims
Sponsored

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Metra also sells an interface for the factory amplifier. So with the kit, and the interface, you could replace the radio and keep the factory amp and speakers

Has anyone with an amp equipped trim managed to succeed having a working aftermarket head unit and to be able to reset maintenance codes? Not trying to spend $1000+ on a multi channel amp and rewiring. I have not been able to find anything concrete that has reported using aftermarket head units outside of the LX and Sport trims

OP
OP
Andruboine

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Beautiful .....simply beautiful. If this was specifically designed to meet all of the Type-R's needs it would be a must have.
Retarded that it’s not. Grab a car with the highest trim and features.
Type R owners get punished for getting a higher trim. Had to get remote start to work around rev match and now this shit.
A little extra effort and you open up to the entire segment of customers.
Back to playing the waiting game for something better to come out

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It sounds like some of the features they don't want the liability for giving people control over (I know, the factory already did).. And, I don't think they see the Type R as a large market, and not a large market of people that will swap their radios out.

Type R owners get punished for getting a higher trim. Had to get remote start to work around rev match and now this shit.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
What do you mean a remote start that works around rev matching? No remote start systems even touch or interfere with that (to my knowledge anyways). You do need to get a remote start system that works with manual but that's kind of normal/standard; there is also the entire secure takeover, that is lacking with 3rd party systems and the Civic in general.

OP
OP
Andruboine

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What do you mean a remote start that works around rev matching? No remote start systems even touch or interfere with that (to my knowledge anyways). You do need to get a remote start system that works with manual but that's kind of normal/standard; there is also the entire secure takeover, that is lacking with 3rd party systems and the Civic in general.
Yea you do, rev match needs a relay to be built into remote start. The rev match puts out a certain frequency in the clutch to start and run. You have to match that in order for it to work.
I met with multiple places before I got mine put it.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Yea you do, rev match needs a relay to be built into remote start. The rev match puts out a certain frequency in the clutch to start and run. You have to match that in order for it to work.
I met with multiple places before I got mine put it.
My remote start is using a standard Honda T-harness... Nothing messed up the rev matching.

OP
OP
Andruboine

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My remote start is using a standard Honda T-harness... Nothing messed up the rev matching.
What brand did you use?

At first no one supported it but fortin. Theres all lower trim civic version and a type r version.
im using a fortin module and viper system. I got it done when it came out though.

also my takeover process is the same as shutting down neutral the car brake to parking brake and get out.

It doesn’t mess up rev match the remote start just won’t work without matching the frequency of the rev match. Also if they aren’t matched up within a certain margin it will spit out error codes.

I’d imagine the t harnesses are built off it now though. Still need to match that frequency for rev match a t harness could just be tying into it and programmed through the module.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
What brand did you use?

At first no one supported it but fortin. Theres all lower trim civic version and a type r version.
im using a fortin module and viper system. I got it done when it came out though.

also my takeover process is the same as shutting down neutral the car brake to parking brake and get out.

It doesn’t mess up rev match the remote start just won’t work without matching the frequency of the rev match. Also if they aren’t matched up within a certain margin it will spit out error codes.

I’d imagine the t harnesses are built off it now though. Still need to match that frequency for rev match a t harness could just be tying into it and programmed through the module.
I'm using a Viper, had no issues. Though Best Buy did the install.

OP
OP
Andruboine

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm using a Viper, had no issues. Though Best Buy did the install.
yea the viper modules do what I’m talking about. I worked with the installer at the time to understand what was going on and they worked with a Honda tech at the time.

if you don’t install it or know how they installed it it’s a bit more complicated than plug and play if you’re doing it yourself depending one what you buy.

NkryptD0n3

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Platinum White
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@EasyFrag I sent you a DM bc I’m trying to source a solution to the ‘19 Si sluggish HU blues…

bearattack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Any brave souls try to install this on a Canadian 2016 LX sedan? It has the same 7" touch screen head unit as the US EX but I've been told the wiring is different between countries so the harness might not work.

OP
OP
Andruboine

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone installed this on their type R?
Does the rev match setting pass over when you install?
Or does it reset to default?