Pennywise

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have taken my car to Honda 3 times already, they do a reset, the light turns off but as soon as I leave the dealership, the light comes back on. Does anybody have a fix for this issue?
Sponsored

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
Maybe the connector for that tpms or the vsa switches are faulty or not properly connected ... take off that dashboard portion and check

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I have taken my car to Honda 3 times already, they do a reset, the light turns off but as soon as I leave the dealership, the light comes back on. Does anybody have a fix for this issue?
The one thing with this system since there’s no actual tire pressure sensor inside the wheel, like previous generations, instead it’s a speed sensor that measures the wheel speed and when it senses one tires is spinning faster than the other it will trigger a low tire light. The issue with this is it causes a lot of false low air pressure lights because of the external elements, BUT when there is a low tire it’s accurate at detecting it. Of course the fix would be to inspect the tire, check the tire pressure, and reset the sensor. Depending what model you have it’s different, but it’s easy to reset yourself. When you reset it you want to go on a good distance drive in a variety of scenarios (streets and highway), so the sensor can get a variety of readings for your tire spin speeds. You want to drive the car for 30 minutes at a minimum for the sensor to finish it’s calibration (there is no notification when it ends, it only notifies you when it has begun...depending on trim). I’ve only had 1 false low tire pressure light come on, when I rotated the tires and drove the car for like 10min after resetting TPMS. After following my instruction I have yet to get a false low tire pressure light since

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
How do u do the reset
When your tires are cold, set them appropriately (35psi front/33psi rear). Recalibrate 3x in succession in a row without moving the car. If you do it correctly the tire pressure light in the dash will flash 3x to let you know it's ready to reset. Drive around for a little while varying your speeds between 30 to 60-ish MPH and it should be good to go.

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
How do u do the reset
Here is my technique :
1. On the way home, I air the tires up so they are about 5 - 8 lbs over what their cold pressure should be. The tires are hot at this point so the tire pressure will be higher.
2. Let the car sit overnight.
3. In the morning, air down the tires to the correct tire pressure.
4. Do the TPMS calibration on the dash.
5. Drive to work to see if everything is good. It usually takes me between 45 min to an hour to get to work, so the TPMS sensor will come back on again about 2/3 of the way there if something is still off. I will pull over and check the tires pressures again to make sure there isn't an actual low tire that needs attention and then continue into work and try the process again at the end of the day.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
There is a weather calibration for the system i live in a hot area so i have the tpms system witch works with the traction control system to summer so when the tires get hot and the psi rises it will not trigger the tpms system light , if the tech calibrates this will most likely fix the problem and this is calibrated only through the traction control , since honda civic at least the type r doesn't have sensors in the wheels

craigseller

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR, F82 M4
Country flag
I've done the reset but the light still comes on.. all tires are set to proper psi. Running stock wheels on contis

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I've done the reset but the light still comes on.. all tires are set to proper psi. Running stock wheels on contis
Youset the tire PSI while cold and recalibrated 3x and saw the pressure light flash 3 times in the dash?

You also do need to go drive around at medium speeds (30-60 MPH) for it to set properly.

JDMJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR #26226
Country flag
My low tire pressure indicator has been on ever since Aug 2019 when I got the car. Recently got new wheels and it’s still on. I honestly don’t even care about it anymore I’m so used to hitting “ok” right when I turn the car on to clear that notification..

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
If you have been to the dealer 3 times and they can't fix it and they can't tell you what's wrong, then I would tell them they need to replace all the wheel speed sensors.

IMO it's not acceptable to just accept it. If its not the wheel sensors, then it's something else, and who know what that is doing to the suspension computations.

craigseller

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR, F82 M4
Country flag
Youset the tire PSI while cold and recalibrated 3x and saw the pressure light flash 3 times in the dash?

You also do need to go drive around at medium speeds (30-60 MPH) for it to set properly.
I've set it cold but will try again! thanks

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
If i had a dollar for every time i had to fix this lol.

Under vehicle settings>TPMS calibration. Clicking on the TPMS calibration ONCE will let the system know you adjusted the pressures and to now compare to the LEARNED value. If this learned value is 36psi and you keep reseting it once to 32psi....it will come back.

Clicking on the TPMS calibration 3 TIMES in a row will relearn the learned value, resetting the whole system. Click the TPMS reset once, allow the notification to appear and fully disappear, wait 2 seconds, repeat 3 times. Doing it super fast may not reset the system, allow the "TPMS confirmation" messages to appear and disappear fully. After you have done this 3 times, in about 3 seconds the low tire light should perform one long blink to give you a confirmation that the system has performed a complete relearn instead of just a reset.

CTR uses indirect TPMS monitoring, it uses wheel speed to determine a low tire. Mismatched tire brands, mismatched tire sizes, greatly different tire wear depths all cause issues with this system.