HeMPoPoToMiS

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean blue Civic Type R fk8 2012 Kawasaki Ninja Z1000
Country flag
I had this issue and you gotta make sure all tires are spot on with the psi. Mine went off like every day for about a week and come to find out i had one tire like fractions under what the other tire was at. Really annoying, made me think I had like the very tiny leak in one of my tires after calibrating a bunch.
Sponsored

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the ctr tpms is anything like the sport then it’s useless. I’ve driven hours only to have it randomly illuminate and make me think I’ve suddenly got a flat tire only to find nothing wrong. I’ve also driven less than 5 minutes no faster than 35mph and it has illuminated and again no flat tires and equal pressure all around. I’ve done resets each time but it still randomly comes up months later. I beat the shit out of these tires all the time and have had no problems but if I drive normally to get somewhere ding! TPMS! At your service!

pquesa1

First Name
Penelope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2014
Country flag
Here is my technique :
1. On the way home, I air the tires up so they are about 5 - 8 lbs over what their cold pressure should be. The tires are hot at this point so the tire pressure will be higher.
2. Let the car sit overnight.
3. In the morning, air down the tires to the correct tire pressure.
4. Do the TPMS calibration on the dash.
5. Drive to work to see if everything is good. It usually takes me between 45 min to an hour to get to work, so the TPMS sensor will come back on again about 2/3 of the way there if something is still off. I will pull over and check the tires pressures again to make sure there isn't an actual low tire that needs attention and then continue into work and try the process again at the end of the day.
I have the same issue. I changed ONE tire and the light still comes on. I recalibrate the TPMS three times and then light comes on again. This is driving me nuts.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I have the same issue. I changed ONE tire and the light still comes on. I recalibrate the TPMS three times and then light comes on again. This is driving me nuts.
You confirmed that all 4 tires were at the pressure they needed to be while they were cold? That is checked cold, the pressures were 35 PSI in the front and 33 PSI in the rear? And to confirm, the tire light in the dash did flash 3 times to alert you that a TPMS reset was initiated?

The only times I've really had the light go off multiple times over a string of days is when I actually had a nail in my tire (2 nails). The system does throw a lot of false positives, but every so often a true positive sneaks in there.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
They should rename it "TRMS" Tire Radius Measurement System-that isn't very reliable. My other cars with actual TPMS modules never gave any trouble.

Masterkirox

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYPE-R
Country flag
Have your dealership do a road force balance, mine had to replace 2 wheels due to not able to be balance, once they did that my light turned off
Sponsored