Multaq

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX 6SPD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good Evening, I have 18x9.5 rims on my civic with slightly stretched tires 235/40,

My TPMS light keeps coming on when I do highway driving, I keep turning it off. Has anyone else had this issue?

Advertisement

jgreen16

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you checked the tire pressure in all four tires to make sure they are all reasonably close to each other (+/- 0.5 psi) with a good quality gauge? After verifying the tire pressures are close across all four tires, then do the calibration as outlined below.

It may take a couple of times to get it to stay cleared. If it doesn't, there could be a malfunction in the system. The TPMS on these cars is an indirect type setup, and does not monitor the actual tire pressures in each tire. It relies instead on sensing the rotational speed of the tires, and if the deviation is more than the allowable tolerance by the system, it will trigger the warning light on the dash.

Untitled.jpg

FreshFK7

First Name
Brent
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Good Evening, I have 18x9.5 rims on my civic with slightly stretched tires 235/40,

My TPMS light keeps coming on when I do highway driving, I keep turning it off. Has anyone else had this issue?
Yes, I am having the same issue. I've taken it to Americas Tire 3 times because they do free air checks. Every time I have had them fill the tires to specs and then re-calibrated and after a short period of time it still comes on. Every time the tires haven't lost much air and the TPMS were working with no issues prior to installing new rims and tires.

OP
Multaq

Multaq

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX 6SPD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update on this,

After 5 resets my TPMS light no longer comes on.

FreshFK7

First Name
Brent
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
I started running 40 PSI with my stretched 235/40s and recalibrated. Now I only get the TPMS light if I actually have a drop in pressure (which I did and found that I had a small nail in my tire)
I will have to try running 40 PSI...I have the same tire specs as you, so maybe that will help my situation as well? Thanks for the info!

OP
Multaq

Multaq

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX 6SPD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will have to try running 40 PSI...I have the same tire specs as you, so maybe that will help my situation as well? Thanks for the info!

I am on 235/40 on 9.5s I still run 35 PSI.

FreshFK7

First Name
Brent
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
I am on 235/40 on 9.5s I still run 35 PSI.
I'm on 235/40 on 9.5 with a +40 offset and i'm currently running 35 psi. Ive done 5 calibrations and the damn thing keeps coming on. At this point i'm willing to try anything to keep that damn light from coming on...lol

OP
Multaq

Multaq

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX 6SPD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm on 235/40 on 9.5 with a +40 offset and i'm currently running 35 psi. Ive done 5 calibrations and the damn thing keeps coming on. At this point i'm willing to try anything to keep that damn light from coming on...lol

Just keep recalibrating, Thats what I did eventually it stayed off and hasnt come on since, Actually it came on once in the rain, I reset it never came on again

Rc1989

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Re calibrate 3 times in a row to erase tpms.memory. low tire psi light with stay lit for a second or 2 .

HellaBagged

HellaBagged
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Or try this

Screenshot_20190611-220127_Chrome.jpg
Thank you so much for that post lol, It was so irritating to see my light come on over and over... simply for changing my wheels out for aftermarket.

Advertisement

Advertisement