TPMS + ABS + Brake system + ACC freak out?

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I didn't open the Hondalink app to view the messages, only used the notification drawer, so I did not see their time.

So far in 4.5 months the only times these messages pop up is going from ACC to ON. Really not a big deal, and probably will be fixed eventually.
I didn't even know about a notification bar. Lol
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
thats why I stated that it was 12 hours off. When it happened it was 3:31 pm actual time. But the system states it happened at 3:31 am. By the time I took the picture it was 3:54 pm. Or do you mean the original posters time? Lol. Yeah that is weird. But I wonder if his was off by 12 hours. He didn't have the same screen shot as I did.
I was thinking(?) that the "fault" picked the time, or the "recording software" is off by 12 hours, or both your clocks were set wrong, or we have a couple of night-owls in our midst.

OP
OP
t3hub3rk1tten

t3hub3rk1tten

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mwe.st
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring MSM
Probably programmer error. Maybe used the numeral time and forgot to change it for PM, accidentally converting 12h time to 24h time. If the system time can be changed to 24h, I would bet it would work properly then.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I didn't open the Hondalink app to view the messages, only used the notification drawer, so I did not see their time.

So far in 4.5 months the only times these messages pop up is going from ACC to ON. Really not a big deal, and probably will be fixed eventually.
Now here is a new one. I figured out how to reboot the unit. I never did that before. I did it yesterday when I got the false messages and after it rebooted I did a TPMS calibration. Thought it was all good to go. The messages disappeared. Now when I went to work this morning the day after. I had no display. Nothing was working. I heard the radio. But had no display. Nothing worked. Finally kept hitting buttons holding power button. Nothing. After 20 minute ride to work I got a little life out of the HU. Was able to do a restart. So we will see if I messed something up doing a reboot. Had the car since mid January. I do believe they did the HU update too.

JediSkipdogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I just had this come up on my vehicle two days ago (we didn't know the yellow icon on the radio was an error message). It took us until last night to figure out how to pull the notification bar down. We had...

Tire Pressure Low
Brake System Problem
Charging System Problem
Anti-Lock Brake System Problem
Tire Pressure Monitor System

I took it in this morning, of course all the errors disappear as I'm about 5 minutes away. they looked at it, blamed it partially on an OBD II connector I left hooked up that I plugged in last night to see if there were engine codes and to read the voltage. Then said they reset the computer and to bring it back in f it occurred again.

Low and behold, after running a few errands, it does it again, not even 2 hours after leaving the dealership. 1376 miles on the car bought March 1st. First time Civic owner and now not being too hopeful.

I am heading straight back to the dealership now and hoping the messages don't clear.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I do believe they did the HU update too.
The TSB 16-001 update? That wasn't for the HU. It was for the separate and Touring unique audio power amplifier.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The TSB 16-001 update? That wasn't for the HU. It was for the separate and Touring unique audio power amplifier.
I don't know which TSB update number. I was never shown a receipt. Upon pulling it out for delivery to me at the dealer the tech from service said to me that there was an update on the radio and it would take 15 minutes. So without being too technical to me; a head unit is my radio/audio/amplifier or whatever you wanna call it. He said it was for my radio. I never had an issue though even after two months. So weird. But I did a recalibration of my TPMS and all warnings disappeared after some driving.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
So without being too technical to me; a head unit is my radio/audio/amplifier or whatever you wanna call it. He said it was for my radio.
The head unit is where all the processing gets done, controls the touch screen, runs Android, has the GPS receiver and Bluetooth, and so forth. The Touring audio power amplifier, the thing that makes the "460 watts" that make the audio audible by driving the speakers, is a separate module located elsewhere in the car and connected between the head unit and the speakers. Generically, TSB 16-001 is for the "radio" since the problem it fixed results in not being able to hear the radio. But it didn't update the HU, it updated the audio power amplifier. The reason I posted my reply is that I don't think there's been any HU-specific update made available yet and was wondering if you knew otherwise.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The head unit is where all the processing gets done, controls the touch screen, runs Android, has the GPS receiver and Bluetooth, and so forth. The Touring audio power amplifier, the thing that makes the "460 watts" that make the audio audible by driving the speakers, is a separate module located elsewhere in the car and connected between the head unit and the speakers. Generically, TSB 16-001 is for the "radio" since the problem it fixed results in not being able to hear the radio. But it didn't update the HU, it updated the audio power amplifier. The reason I posted my reply is that I don't think there's been any HU-specific update made available yet and was wondering if you knew otherwise.
I'm old school I guess. But regardless the tech said radio so in the day 20 years ago working at Circuit City, Tops Aplliances. A Head Unit is the radio. So depending on your age there is a generation gap here I think. Lol. I might be a bit older than you. Hahahahaha. Even some news articles state now the new 2016 Civics are for old farts like me not just young generation.

anckentucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Crystal Black Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just picked up the reliever of my new Ex-t last night. Drove it for a few hours yesterday and got the TPMS alert, low tire pressure messages. Woke up this morning, went to accessory mode and then turned the car on (not used to push button start, forgot to press the brake in), and low and behind I got all of these error messages. Did a TPMS calibration, still hanging a low pressure message, but the rest disappeared after Turning the car off and back on. Really weird, anyone figure out a fix?

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Just picked up the reliever of my new Ex-t last night. Drove it for a few hours yesterday and got the TPMS alert, low tire pressure messages. Woke up this morning, went to accessory mode and then turned the car on (not used to push button start, forgot to press the brake in), and low and behind I got all of these error messages. Did a TPMS calibration, still hanging a low pressure message, but the rest disappeared after Turning the car off and back on. Really weird, anyone figure out a fix?
I rebooted the Head Unit. Then I did the calibration of TPMS. it goes away once it has learned again. Takes about 30 miles

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I ran into the 4 Fake Horsemen of the Apocalypse yesterday. Having read about it on this forum, I ignored and simply drove anyway. The error cleared itself.

As an aside, I still have the Maintenance Minder A error - and I'm only at 1500 miles.

So... so... so disappointing Honda.

JediSkipdogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Well, I finally took it back in to the dealer today for this issue after it appearing over 100 times since the last time we had it there. We have photos of every time it popped up. After them having the car for 8 hours they said the Advance Vehicle Computer was throwing voltage errors. They said this controls the ABS and Stability Control just to name a few. They said the car is safe to drive and is working fine but if I wanted to keep their loaner I could. I told them I would let them know tomorrow which is where I'm going to play hard ball...

They said the part isn't available until May 15th as it's on backorder. They don't even know if my order would be filled or not but they placed it as a priority. I still laugh that they asked me if I wanted my vehicle back. Do they really think someone would want a vehicle where the main safety features of the vehicle are controlled and it's causing issues throwing other systems out of whack?

So now I go unload the car tomorrow and drive a loaner for the next month. Sure, it may be annoying, but they seemed to think it was funny when I said I'd own the dealership for ignoring a message that says I have a low tire pressure or brake failure since it has boy who cried wolf syndrome.
Sponsored