Toyota Camry destroyed me civic wtf

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Too funny! Type R FTW! May as well have the Type R go up against the new Toyota RAV4 Prime, since the Prime handed the Toyota Camry TRD its arse. I only have the old school Toyota RAV4 V6 but will happily race Type R. :p

That race was done a mile above sea level...
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Trd Camry. LOL! Can't beat the 2.0 Accord. Sure the Civics not a drag car. I went heads up against a Chevy Silverado rocky ridge edition, a new Jeep (not a Cherokee) probably V6, and the last one recently an Infiniti G37x. All were off the line. None of these cars could pull away from me. I have no idea what my 0-60 time is, but I figure it must be under 6 sec considering what I was up against.
I did recently d/l the app called Drag Racer, it's GPS based and I know the accuracy could be off but I got a time of 5.6 to 60 and 1/4 mile of 14.6. This car is definitely faster at the bottom end but drops off at the top end.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag

Very interesting addition, looks like they really like the Accord 2.0T for testing!

Look at the pretty big power difference & how little it matters at only about 200LBS heavier.
The Touring model is also the heaviest Accord at around 3,428LBS & the Ecoboost Mustang at around 3,600LBS.

Just thought it was fitting for this thread!

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
When my Si was stock, I ran against my cousins 2018 TLX A-spec. From a dig, he got me by about 3 cars. After a TSP tune, I was behind by half a car.

I'm not sure which is faster between a Camry and TLX, but it wouldn't surprise me if a "Camry" would have done the same to my Si. I think that 3.5 engine is what they also use in the IS 350?

Edit: when I ran my cousin again, I had intercooler and Mishimoto intake as well. I'm sure those helped close the gap.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Nick brady

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x si
Country flag
I just wooped a trd camry in my tuned tsp1 2020 si sedan...
I have prl race maf cobra cai type r exaust only...
Took the camry on a roll race and from the dig...
I figure I have about 230 hp to his 300 hp.

Nick brady

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x si
Country flag
Oh yea I also have a mishimoto intercooler with stock charge pipes

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A TSP stage 3 Si would have won. More power, better top end, manual transmission to really ring out the power, an LSD to prevent a one wheel peel off the line. I've seen a tuned 10th gen Si vs Accord 2.0T drag race on YouTube where they both crossed the 1/2 or 1/4 (can't remeber which) mile neck and neck, and one can make a case that the Accord's 2.0T is faster than the Camry V6.
A few months ago I had a newer XSE try to play with me on the highway, we got off the same exit at a red light and he pulled up next to me. Light goes green and he was in my rearview by 3rd gear. They are quick though because his front end was slightly behind my rear bumper the entire time.

TSP Stage 1+ . PRL CAI (Race) & Borla Exhaust

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
I also have a 21 camry xse v6, they are quite quick in sport mode.

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Funny I read this little story and a similar event happened to me but with a different outcome =) Some of the Camry's around here have D3Performance Turbo kit :

TRD Camry on paper 0 - 60 5.6 sec quarter mile 13.9-14.2.

Anyway, I was (one of the my other cars) in a 2022 Camaro LT1 =D (lightweight version of the camaro SS... just plain raw muscle with no comforts) 10 speed. This 2019+ White TRD Camry was seriously messing with me. So as he's passing me (doing 70 in a 45 lol already) I feather the throttle and stay ahead of him. I guess he didn't like that... so we meet at the light (you know we both had to stop lol... not the Fast & Furious Cuban mile here folks) and he's revving it up... inching forward. Now the thing about the LT1 is the 5 - 60mph time is incredible... 4.2 seconds which rivals a new M3! Don't forget, the LT1 can be up to 309 lbs lighter than a 1SS depending on the options between both cars. Couple that with a 10A = dominance :) Even the 5.0 10A's can't touch me (stock vs. stock)... some tried but I was always 1 -3 cars ahead @ 130 mph. So you know... he was thinking low end torque i'm faster off the line... well this camaro is very smart with the traction control believe me :) You can just step into it half-way then after 20 go all the way and hit 0 - 60 3.8 - 4.1 seconds stock (with practice)! Anyway... we both took off, and I literally put a train length on him by 60. Then after I slow down he does the the typical ricer flyby lol!

Moral of the story... you want a cheap mean ass muscle best bang for the buck car... get the LT1 10A with dual-mode exhaust (nothing more... keep the weight down). =) 0.96 lateral g's, 60 - 0 brake in 99ft (CTR performance here) functional vented hood similar to the ZR1 design (don't like the dual SS hood) but not as high with quad dual-mode exhaust. This also has competition mode... a lot of people didn't know this. Press the traction control button twice quickly while in sport mode and it goes to competition mode =) all wrapped in a lightweight baby carriage! Sadly though, I recently sold for 4k more than I paid for it because the color combo was rare (shortages), it had only 1800 miles on it and was taken right off the delivery truck at the dealership... meaning it was never test driven so it was properly broken in and not all scratched up by those dealership detailers lol!

Honda Civic 10th gen Toyota Camry destroyed me civic wtf IMG_2125

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Few things beat cubic horsepower - well there is mpg, passenger comfort, and trunk space.
Sponsored

Last edited: