First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cameron Hill is what gives you a bad rep? I just watched some of his vids. Likeable guy. If people talk shit to you because of him, f 'em!
Informative videos yes, and keeps it as real as he can. I watch him (doesn't
Have an annoying personality) but please get a W every once in a while, go race a Prius. ?
Sponsored

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Informative videos yes, and keeps it as real as he can. I watch him (doesn't
Have an annoying personality) but please get a W every once in a while, go race a Prius. ?
He just ran a 14.3 quarter mile. That's quite respectable. Doesn't matter if he wins or not, just about having fun.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to chime in on Cameron... heā€™s one of maybe 3 or 4 ā€œcar guyā€ vids Iā€™m subscribed to... and only recently at that. Redline... Cleetus... Straight Pipes... those are I think the only other ones. Laid back... generally loving on any and all cars... hanging around and chatting up platforms... mods... I think itā€™s a pretty decent channel. Itā€™s about as real as it gets.

The portion where theyā€™re going on a few runs is the least important/entertaining part of the whole thing to me. I could care less which car is faster. If I wanted a genuinely, objectively fast car... I wouldnā€™t have picked a Civic (shrug).

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I guess fast is a relative term. I've never owned a really fast car. Back in the day I thought my Trans Am was fast but it was a heavy beast. I thought my Integra was fun and quick.

A tuned Civic may not be a rocket but for the money, the power, handling and fuel economy is an outstanding balance of economy and fun.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess fast is a relative term. I've never owned a really fast car. Back in the day I thought my Trans Am was fast but it was a heavy beast. I thought my Integra was fun and quick.

A tuned Civic may not be a rocket but for the money, the power, handling and fuel economy is an outstanding balance of economy and fun.
Agreed. It really is relative. I kind of donā€™t think any FWD is ā€œfastā€ at sub-interstate speeds. Thatā€™s all more of a function of the platformā€™s traction limitation. My days of driving felony fast are well behind me so the cars ability to accelerate well from 80-150 mph just doesnā€™t matter too much to me. Having driven faster than even that range in my misspent youth, I would not feel comfortable trying to the same with this platform. The Trans-Ams were good for their time... L89s... LT1s... LS1s... it always got better. Everything is running around a good 100 hp more than the last of the Transam other than maybe the ā€œlittleā€ 5.7 R/T Dodges. Again and again over the years Iā€™ve contemplated giving up on old Zs for a modern sports/muscle car but... (shrug) Iā€™ve never seriously looked. Iā€™ll be interested in what the new Z bring to the table.

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

That's exactly my point, it is practical while been fun... with my family I can't have a 370z, type r, and is the closest thing to a 90s integra, that were quick and fun. Is made to handle corners and put smiles. To go straight chasing every one I would just got a TRD camry or an SRT charger. They are faster but it wouldn't give you as many smiles.

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed. It really is relative. I kind of donā€™t think any FWD is ā€œfastā€ at sub-interstate speeds. Thatā€™s all more of a function of the platformā€™s traction limitation. My days of driving felony fast are well behind me so the cars ability to accelerate well from 80-150 mph just doesnā€™t matter too much to me. Having driven faster than even that range in my misspent youth, I would not feel comfortable trying to the same with this platform. The Trans-Ams were good for their time... L89s... LT1s... LS1s... it always got better. Everything is running around a good 100 hp more than the last of the Transam other than maybe the ā€œlittleā€ 5.7 R/T Dodges. Again and again over the years Iā€™ve contemplated giving up on old Zs for a modern sports/muscle car but... (shrug) Iā€™ve never seriously looked. Iā€™ll be interested in what the new Z bring to the table.
The new z is Basically a 370 chassis with a 400hp V6 twin turbo. Small lightweight, agile, rear wheel drive with enough power. Should bring a plenty of smiles. Good combination. Hopefully is priced under 40,000.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The same Camry destroyed me too I got a pic of it passing by...

0BF63776-A3D1-4ED7-90CF-00D217421C99.jpeg
The only reason I lost is the rear mod they had installed. If I wasnā€™t laughing so hard I could have taken him or her down without the additional WHP gained from the pink mod

Last edited:

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
That's exactly my point, it is practical while been fun... with my family I can't have a 370z, type r, and is the closest thing to a 90s integra, that were quick and fun. Is made to handle corners and put smiles. To go straight chasing every one I would just got a TRD camry or an SRT charger. They are faster but it wouldn't give you as many smiles.
I really do like my Civic. It's fun, easy to drive, and reasonably quick. That being said my other car is a 392 Charger & it does give me a lot of smiles.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The new z is Basically a 370 chassis with a 400hp V6 twin turbo. Small lightweight, agile, rear wheel drive with enough power. Should bring a plenty of smiles. Good combination. Hopefully is priced under 40,000.
Yeah. I hope they donā€™t use the same tiny turbos as the Q cars as thereā€™s very little nodding headroom... but we shall see. Otherwise the powertrain looks fine. I never thought the 370z exteriors looked great but, even though thereā€™s some awkward bits, the new 300z (Iā€™ll call it that until Iā€™m forced to call it otherwise) looks pretty good in and out. Itā€™d pair nicely with my ā€˜94. Thereā€™s a little bit of Z car activity activity around... plus my old lady actually likes the idea of one of those more than a used Cayman S for a fun car for her that I said weā€™d get sometime this decade.

Weā€™ll see. I havenā€™t dropped foolish money on anything in awhile and been funneling what I can to retirement. In a couple more years as my navy time may be wrapping up, it might be a good time to get one. Iā€™m still leery about 1st gear Nissans though. Theyā€™ve had a rough time of their first year Z cars since as long as I can remember.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
Yeah. I hope they donā€™t use the same tiny turbos as the Q cars as thereā€™s very little nodding headroom... but we shall see. Otherwise the powertrain looks fine. I never thought the 370z exteriors looked great but, even though thereā€™s some awkward bits, the new 300z (Iā€™ll call it that until Iā€™m forced to call it otherwise) looks pretty good in and out. Itā€™d pair nicely with my ā€˜94. Thereā€™s a little bit of Z car activity activity around... plus my old lady actually likes the idea of one of those more than a used Cayman S for a fun car for her that I said weā€™d get sometime this decade.

Weā€™ll see. I havenā€™t dropped foolish money on anything in awhile and been funneling what I can to retirement. In a couple more years as my navy time may be wrapping up, it might be a good time to get one. Iā€™m still leery about 1st gear Nissans though. Theyā€™ve had a rough time of their first year Z cars since as long as I can remember.
The good thing is that you should have PLENTY of time to make that decision considering how long Nissan keeps running the same model for about 10yrs ;) (and this is coming from a current Z owner - love it still)

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The good thing is that you should have PLENTY of time to make that decision considering how long Nissan keeps running the same model for about 10yrs ;) (and this is coming from a current Z owner - love it still)
That's true they don't change their sports cars too much.

Saadeq

First Name
Saadeq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
So I was driving along late night around 1am the road was clear when a Camry flew pass me full speed so I decided to catch up to him at red light and oh boy he pulls down his window and nod his head ....so as the green light came on I floor my car in L gear also was on map 3 of tsp tune i was able to keep up with him for about 4 seconds and then this Camry just run away and left me about 4 to 5 car lengths ahead of me I was shocked so is the Camry way faster than a 1.5 cvt turbo civic on tsp map 3 tune ? Dude I was like what da actual fuccc
Hey, I think, L (low) shift is good to start but not good at high speed. Look at it as a tall first gear. Ideally useful for a high load condition like going uphill will full load in the car. That's when you would want to keep it at L.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
That's true they don't change their sports cars too much.
Itā€™s funny - bc when the 370z first came out - it was beating Mustangs and Camaros - unfortunately as the Mustand/Camaro changed things up with their higher HP engines - the Z didnā€™t. I wonā€™t lie - still love my Z and wonā€˜t trade it in for a Mustang (unless we are talking GT350) nor a Camaro. The CTR - well if you could find one at MSRP then maybe. But overall, Iā€™m happy with the Z - provides good power, a true 2 seater and a hydraulic steering wheel vs electronic. No ā€˜modesā€™ to switch to etc and since itā€™s NA - provides good linear power - but....itā€™s all the turbo scene. But overall, a great ā€˜balancedā€™ car. I love the Z and I hope the new one provides a lot of fun at an affordable cost. :)

MadManx1

Project X1
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Cvt
Country flag
I hope you are right, and That's the reason why hondas go their glory as they get older, parts are everywhere and the research and development is already done. Even as I will always refuse to drive a CVT ?.
Bro this is the newest cvt they sent out this version is much stronger than the last honda can see cvt will dominate in the future they made one of the most feared motors out there the K24 man honda playing coy until they send out a cvt capable of 500hp stable honda is going after muscle cars the cvt is the weak link they will fix it?
Sponsored