First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
^ This.

So far my record is nearly spotless because I've learned to pick the proper "battle". I don't race, exactly. I just see a car going fast on the highway like a GTI for example. I catch up and see what my car has. Once I'm reasonably ahead I go back to regular highway programming.

Recently though, I picked the wrong battle. Was passed on the highway by this really sharp looking BMW. I caught up and was ready to go for it (at about 100) when he just pulled away like a freakin' rocket. I let off the gas because I had no chance. The car? A new-ish BMW M5. I went home and checked out that car's specs... 600+ hp. :bow:
I was playing a around with an m5 in my R. He'd pull a car length every shift so id fall back about 3 car lengths then we were both uncomfortable with the speeds so backed off .
Sponsored

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yeah...if you wanted a fast car you should've gotten a different car. As cool as tunes can be and make your car fast, this is not what the civic was meant for. Enjoy it for what it is, cars aren't what they used to be, a lot of "family" cars these days have a 0-60 under 6 seconds lol. The civic is a great car, but drag racer it is not.

• Haha
Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah...if you wanted a fast car you should've gotten a different car. As cool as tunes can be and make your car fast, this is not what the civic was meant for. Enjoy it for what it is, cars aren't what they used to be, a lot of "family" cars these days have a 0-60 under 6 seconds lol. The civic is a great car, but drag racer it is not.
But it's so much funner to beat a 'drag' car with your economy car though.

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
But it's so much funner to beat a 'drag' car with your economy car though.
True lol...unfortunately the Camry is not a "drag" car either so, there's a bit of power to make up there before taking on real drag cars

Reactions: Myx

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Civics are not fast, they are just fun to drive, reliable, good looking, modifiable cars. Anyways you got beaten by the most boring family sedan congratulations. Thanks for doing like Cameron Hill and give us H owners a bad rep. Cameron I am not hating on you but come on so many Ls. That's why PPL talk so much s### about us. Not trying to get on anyone's nerve, Be safe every one, just because you reach 120 means you should do it daily. If you all can go to a track.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
just because you reach 120 means you should do it daily.
I think you meant to say "doesn't mean you should do it daily"?

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Civics are not fast, they are just fun to drive, reliable, good looking, modifiable cars. Anyways you got beaten by the most boring family sedan congratulations. Thanks for doing like Cameron Hill and give us H owners a bad rep. Cameron I am not hating on you but come on so many Ls. That's why PPL talk so much s### about us. Not trying to get on anyone's nerve, Be safe every one, just because you reach 120 means you should do it daily. If you all can go to a track.
Who are you the fun police ?

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Who are you the fun police ?
I got tired of getting pulled over and paying over 250 on tickets every time, and that was before this times that I can't even trust the 5.0, I have not got tickets on my SI ain't fast enough ?. I think I am just getting old and seeing life differently that's why I say support your local drag strip. By the way I don't think I could ever say a camry dusted me.

Last edited:

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Civics are not fast, they are just fun to drive, reliable, good looking, modifiable cars.

just because you reach 120 means you should do it daily.
Does a stock 1.5t with 174-205hp not fast enough for you? I know it’s not a Mercedes Benz with the most powerful 2.0t engine, but I mean in its class, it has that power.

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does a stock 1.5t with 174-205hp not fast enough for you? I know it’s not a Mercedes Benz with the most powerful 2.0t engine, but I mean in its class, it has that power.
Is not fast enough to be looking to race every one that drives next to me. 15 years ago I raced every one tha stopped next to me on my old 300zx, I missed that car... and yeah cars back the with bigger engines had less HP. I was beating almost everybody that wanted to try me. But in a civic, you better be looking for corollas, miatas, priuses, sentras, versas, etc. Don't be looking at maximas, chargers, or camrys unless you got an extra 100 HP or a 5 second lead. You will do better tracking like on circuit than drag racing. Next thread we probably found could be an old women in a Toyota Avalon beat my civic in a drag race. I am just saying.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Is not fast enough to be looking to race every one that drives next to me. 15 years ago I raced every one tha stopped next to me on my old 300zx, I missed that car... and yeah cars back the with bigger engines had less HP. I was beating almost everybody that wanted to try me. But in a civic, you better be looking for corollas, miatas, priuses, sentras, versas, etc. Don't be looking at maximas, chargers, or camrys unless you got an extra 100 HP or a 5 second lead. You will do better tracking like on circuit than drag racing. Next thread we probably found could be an old women in a Toyota Avalon beat my civic in a drag race. I am just saying.
Hmmm.

My tuned Civic with 220/250 seems reasonably peppy out there on the road and keeps up well with other sport compacts and some larger V6 sedans. Then again, I don't stoplight race. Just mostly high speed highway moves.

Last edited:

MadManx1

Project X1
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Cvt
Country flag
Hmmm.

My tuned Civic with 220/250 seems reasonably peppy out there on the road and keeps up well with other sport compacts and some larger V6 sedans. Then again, I don't stoplight race. Just mostly high speed highway moves.
The problem is there is so much room for growth with theses 1.5T watch in 5 years time someone will have cvts doing 10s at the track

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The problem is there is so much room for growth with theses 1.5T watch in 5 years time someone will have cvts doing 10s at the track
I hope you are right, and That's the reason why hondas go their glory as they get older, parts are everywhere and the research and development is already done. Even as I will always refuse to drive a CVT ?.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Cameron Hill is what gives you a bad rep? I just watched some of his vids. Likeable guy. If people talk shit to you because of him, f 'em!

Blood_TypeR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R SGP
Country flag
“But in a civic, you better be looking for corollas, miatas, priuses, sentras, versas, etc. Don't be looking at maximas, chargers, or camrys unless you got an extra 100 HP or a 5 second lead” lol ? who the hell is racing priuses? Yes I know about that instant torque in those Ev (electric vehicles) hybrids, no double clutch ftw.
Sponsored

Reactions: AVR